Dr. Kelp... er Dr. Bill in Alert Diver magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sigh, Ber... you're married. What a shame given those great legs! You'd make a nice groupie.

EanxGirl, wonder if you've read the two volume collection of Ricketts' writings put together by Joel Hedgpeth back in the early 80's and published by Mad River Press under the title "The Outer Shores." If you have, you undoubtedly know why Ed needed the likes of Steinbeck to make his scribblings endurable to read. His writing was worse than some of my former high school students, although his ideas and philosophy were pretty amazing. I love the concept of "breaking through" to "the real thing." I feel I find it frequently when diving.

What's a trombone player say when he gets to work?

"Would you like fries with that?"

The best thing about trombone players is the camaraderie that exists. Anyone who ever tried to play the stupid thing understands.

BTW...you name an instrument, I gotta joke about it.

drbill:
...Where are my groupies???
Where is the coke alert??? Coffee through the nose on that'n! :D
Thanks,
Rick
Oh, and congratulations on a job well done!
BZ
Rick

Congrats on the article, DB!!!!!

drbill:
...I was so bad (third chair, third trombone out of just three in the band)...just trying to get my share of the lovely groupies out there!

Sorry to say... I was first chair, first TRUMPET at Santa Monica HS, and the truth is that the trumper players get all the chicks.

:D

Rick Inman:
Congrats on the article, DB!!!!!

Sorry to say... I was first chair, first TRUMPET at Santa Monica HS, and the truth is that the trumper players get all the chicks.

:D

I thought it was drummers? All I know is that it certainly wasn't swimmers.

All I know is that I am musically challenged with any instrument including the kazoo! That's why I use the sound of my regulator as the soundtrack in my DVD's and TV show... I can never fit music to the footage. Once I was playing a CD by one of my dive buddies (a renowned cellist) as we watched my video and several of us looked at one and said how great the music and video went together. I leave the music to my buddies... another is a professional musician too. Of course I'm still looking for a buddy to make beautiful music with!

Ahhh I knew there would be a thread about this. Finally found it!

Congrats Dr Bill! Now I can tell all my friends/family that I got to dive with a celebrity!:)

DrBill, Johnny just told me about the great news. :wave-smil He is brining the mag to FL when he comes next week, so that I might have a look. Proud of you :10:

Thanks, Johnny and Tracy. It sure was an amusing surprise!

So I get my most recent Alert Diver magazine and read it. When I got to the Kelp article and saw the references to a "Dr Bill", I just knew it had to be you.

Congratulations from a newbie!

I thought of you while watching my Rescue Diver DVD today and saw the scene where the diver gets entangled in kelp. That diver coulda used Dr Bill!

Back
Top Bottom