Downtown ScubaL First Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the interest guys....

The Downtown location is in a pretty neat place. Lots of urban renewal going on. The lofts/condos go for about 700K each, so it is cleaned up very nicely in the area. The shop is going to be a boutique more than a retail outlet. It will have air fills soon. Waiting on a compressor. Attached is the full announcement on the venture with All Wet. Working with those guys has been a blast. We met with Kevin at Ultimate Dive and Travel tonight and, without committing them prematurely, believe they will be active with the Dive for a Cure project.

Press Release / Announcement
Monday, March 5, 2007

Phoenix, AZ -- All Wet Scuba of Tempe, Arizona and Oasis Divers of Paradise Valley, Arizona are pleased to announce a joint venture (Arizona Scuba Marketing Associates, LLC.) in which they have taken over Downtown Scuba’s retail store. Downtown Scuba is located in the heart of Downtown Phoenix and has about 600 square feet of retail space on Roosevelt Street, just west of 7th Street.

While there has always been an informal cooperation between All Wet Scuba and Oasis Divers, this is the first formal development between the two companies. It is expected that the professional staff of both companies will operate the store and classes. Furthermore, Downtown Scuba will become a centralized hub for promoting the “scuba lifestyle” throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan area. An excellent example of fostering this promotional activity took place on Phoenix’s First Friday on March 2nd. Thousands of people walked by Downtown Scuba and hundreds stopped in to visit with the new operations team.

Downtown Scuba is open from 11AM to 6PM Monday through Friday and 10AM to 5PM on Saturday. Downtown Scuba carries a variety of products from manufactures like Akona, Sherwood, TUSA and other major dive industry brands. Downtown Scuba is also a PADI Dive Center. You can visit Downtown Scuba on the Web at www.downtownscuba.com

Public Safety and Recovery Division
Oasis Divers and All Wet Scuba also announced that it will collaborate under the same joint venture on a Public Safety and Recovery Division. This collaboration will specialize in recovery efforts that are specific waterways. The Division will work with insurance companies with their investigations to locate, identify and raise watercraft or inspect potential problems. The division is OSHA compliant and ERDI Certified. More details are available by contacting All Wet Scuba or Oasis Divers. Applications are being accepted for dive team candidates. You must be ERD Certified in order to qualify. An ERD 1 Training Class is organized for May 2007; please contact John Flanders 602.992.3093 or Brett Borchers at 480-491-5357 for more information.

Dive for a Cure
All Wet Scuba and Oasis Divers also announced that it will collaborate under the same joint venture in establishing Dive for a Cure AZ, LLC to assist in raising awareness and charitable funds through Scuba Diving to aid in the fight against breast cancer. The first Dive for a Cure event is anticipated to take place in October 2007 at Lake Pleasant Arizona. All proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. It is expected other Arizona Scuba Shops will join in the cause. Interested shop owners or volunteers can contact Amy Lignoski at 602.992.3093.

Contact
Oasis Divers, Phoenix, AZ 602.992.3093 www.azdivers.com
All Wet Scuba, Tempe, AZ 480.591.5357 www.allwetscuba.com

Yes, John

Scuba Sciences has a location in the downtown area at 2348 N 7th Street (4 blocks south of Thomas just north of I-10).

Have a great night!

Maybe this would be better discussed offline...PM's sent.

duplicate posting..

Do not think, I have violated the TOS. PM Sent. If the MOD finds it in error, I am fine in having it removed.

Ok, i'll go there.....maybe I'm missing something and would be glad to have it pointed out to me. Maybe I've been staring at the computer screen too long or something. Frankly I dont care one way or the other but I'm just curious.
If promoting businesses is suppose to be done in the marketplace forum, why is john's post ok, and Tina's isnt. What makes his different?
(I'll probably regret asking)

Curiosity killed the cat.
I'm with Kaz, what is the difference in the two?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom