Doubles recommendations for a small framed women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A big thanks to all of you for your help, and especially Don for loaning me gear and introducing me to doubles, Doc Wong for taking me out diving, loaning me gear & teaching me v-drills & Ben V for loaning me your tanks :). You guys are the best!!

I tried the 85's & 100's. I like the 100's & will soon own a set :).

Very cool, Kathy! Glad you found a set that works for you.

It's funny how touchy this doubles thing is, if you want something that feels perfect. I spent a long time talking to a fellow female diver on Saturday -- she's not much taller than I am, but she likes the 100s better than the 85s, too. I dove 100s on Saturday, and I didn't think they felt any different in the water, but MAN were they heavy on land!

Kathy, LP85s. 'Nuff said. Wish you were up here, and I'd taking you diving in mine.

Lynne,

Thanks so much for taking me out and letting me dive your 85's! It was well worth the trip to Seattle to hop into the water with you & Bob :).

I picked up my new 100's this week & have been diving them. I'm getting the hang of them & already loving the extended BT & redundancy. But after this last weekend with you I want a set of 85's too :wink:!

It's really unbelievable that someone I never met before would offer so much support, coaching, gear and hospitality. You are so incredibly generous with everyone Lynne! I can't thank you enough!

Since I posted this thread, already so many local DIR divers have loaned me tanks to sample & have taken me out to mentor me with in doubles.

A huge thanks to our local DIR divers: Don, Doc Wong, Kenn, Greg and Ben V. To Lynne & Bob in Seattle and to Alex & Leslie in the Philippines who took me out on my first Al 80 doubles dive last summer.

I am consistently amazed just how supportive you DIR divers are!

:worthless:

One of my future Fundies classmates (Erik) and I were out practicing with our new doubles today ;-). About a month till Fundies - we are excited!

Thanks DIR fourm for all the great advice!

IMG_9044.jpg

Now all you need is a SPG in bar, and switch your bottom timer/computer over to meters:wink: !

Now all you need is a SPG in bar, and switch your bottom timer/computer over to meters:wink: !

Hey Kev,

I think you might be a little lost - isn't that topic for a different thread :wink:

Last edited:
One of my future Fundies classmates (Erik) and I were out practicing with our new doubles today ;-). About a month till Fundies - we are excited!

IMG_9044.jpg

A damn fine looking team! :D

Do you ever give it a rest?

IMG_9044.jpg

Team 1.5? :shocked2:

:sprint:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom