Doubles recommendations for a small framed women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but that .5 is the little engine that could . . .

Team 1.5? :shocked2::sprint:

:rofl3::rofl3: Good try Ben! But what about Peter, our fundies classmate/teammate?

teammate-1.jpg

Yeah, but that .5 is the little engine that could . . .
:)

Last edited:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest a way to get more clearance for the back of my head in the doubles? I’ve been in the pool with local DIR divers and have already moved the tanks to the lowest holes in the plate, angled my MK25’s as far down as I can without kinking hoses, rolled the isolator back (I can still reach it) and loosened the shoulder straps, tightened the crotch strap (will try to loosen the shoulder straps more in the pool today).

The scope of vision is better but still not great. The 1st stages are still obstructing the forward gaze when I’m in trim. I’ve heard it’s a short person’s dilemma but the restriction is annoying and not so functional on ascent.

I’m wondering if different plates vary in bolt hole placements (which I doubt but it's worth asking) and perhaps one would allow the tanks to drop just a little farther down? I’m using a Small DSS B/P now.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Is your top tank band adjusted all the way up to the top of the tanks? I mean right to where the tank top starts its taper/rounding to the valve. Short of that drill a new top hole in back plate and adjust bottom band to fit back plate holes that are already drilled.

Warning before drilling check to see if wing holes are going to line up.

Is your top tank band adjusted all the way up to the top of the tanks? I mean right to where the tank top starts its taper/rounding to the valve. Short of that drill a new top hole in back plate and adjust bottom band to fit back plate holes that are already drilled.

Warning before drilling check to see if wing holes are going to line up.

The bands are pretty much to the top of the tanks, standard GUE placement as per my Fundies instructors directions & they were assembled by his tech who works on most of the local DIR gear.

Will wait till Fundies class before the drill comes out :).

Any other suggestions?

for a small framed women I would say probabley AL 80's, or 72's are a good go, because any lower such as double 60's you would just be better off with a single LP 121, and an "H", or "Y" valve....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom