Doubles question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike,

DO NOT !!! use that manifold.
It's hard to assign a cause, but to me it looks as if the manifold was placed on the tanks and THEN the bands were added and tightened.

Alignment and spacing issues. I doubt, seriously, that it is shipping damage.

the K

I agree with Kraken. UPS is rough on stuff but how do you know they did it? Even if the box was damaged accepted practice in my experience is to box up the tanks and send the manifold in a seperate box along with the bands. That's the way my 95's were sent. And with no obvious dings or dents it may in fact have been set up error that bent the manifold. And having to O2 clean the tanks and manifold is alot cheaper than replacing it here in my neck of the woods anyway. I was quoted 25 per tank to O2 clean and a little more if they needed tumbled. And until I've done it a few times under supervision the shop that does the O2 also is owned by an experienced tech diver/instructor. I'll let him reassemble the tanks. I know it's not rocket science but I'd rather not turn into a rocket at an inopportune time.

mikerault:
If they were shipped dissasembled then they would need to be re-O2 cleaned.
O2 clean is for people who don't have access to proper Nitrox fill stations. :p

The Kraken:
Mike,

DO NOT !!! use that manifold.
It's hard to assign a cause, but to me it looks as if the manifold was placed on the tanks and THEN the bands were added and tightened.

Alignment and spacing issues. I doubt, seriously, that it is shipping damage.

the K

I am not so sure. I couple friends dropped a set of 104's off a the back end of the truck on to the road and the manifold looked pretty much like that. Did I mention the truck was doing 20MPH at the time......

Manifold held gas due to the double o-ring barrel design. 1 valve knob sheared off and the isolator bent horribly but it still held 3600psi.

As Kraken said, go get a new manifold.

in_cavediver:
I am not so sure. I couple friends dropped a set of 104's off a the back end of the truck on to the road and the manifold looked pretty much like that. Did I mention the truck was doing 20MPH at the time......

:11: I bet that caused the pucker factor to go up a bit.

limeyx:
not necessarily. adding x% of He (dont need O2 clean) followed by a membrane fill of 32% will give me every mix I need except 30/30

no need for O2 clean tanks in that case.

Don't some groups call that helitrox... I know HE + Air is heliar etc.

Agreed, with the HE + 32% if available not needing O2 clean tanks. For me, if I want mix, it PP blended.

Talk aobut pucker factor, I got rearended the other day by someoen going about thirty miles an hour with about a dozen tanks in my trunk. They ALL turned themselves on from being jostled taht much, even with the lead in between them and styrofoam to tyr to hold them in place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom