Doubles question...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx:
Now I have to convince someone to transfill the 3400psi of 21/35 to some other tanks before replacing the manifold.

talk to Huber

limeyx:
Now I have to convince someone to transfill the 3400psi of 21/35 to some other tanks before replacing the manifold.
You will only get 1/2 across unless you have a haskel. Might as well just dump it.

Well, If I can get a manifold that would work with 7.25" and 8" tanks I'll go ahead and double up the AL80's since I have the tanks on hand anyway and I dive mostly in freshwater.
Then when I buy another LP95 I'll just buy a set of 8" bands and setup the LP95's and I'll still have my AL80's as deco or travel gas when I get futher down the road.

Thanks,

JKSteger:
Well, If I can get a manifold that would work with 7.25" and 8" tanks I'll go ahead and double up the AL80's since I have the tanks on hand anyway and I dive mostly in freshwater.
Then when I buy another LP95 I'll just buy a set of 8" bands and setup the LP95's and I'll still have my AL80's as deco or travel gas when I get futher down the road.

Thanks,

Before you buy another LP95 and double them up, see if you can borrow or rent a double 95 set up.

I found the LP95s short length created a trim problem for me and I am switching my manifold onto my HP130s (essentially the same dimensions as LP104s).

If you want, you can even band up a pair of 95s and test them out as independant doubles to get a feel for how they trim out (which is what I did with my HP130s).

ClevelandDiver:
Before you buy another LP95 and double them up, see if you can borrow or rent a double 95 set up.

I found the LP95s short length created a trim problem for me and I am switching my manifold onto my HP130s (essentially the same dimensions as LP104s).

If you want, you can even band up a pair of 95s and test them out as independant doubles to get a feel for how they trim out (which is what I did with my HP130s).

Great suggestion! I can borrow my brothers LP95 to test as an independent double setup to see how they trim.

...Also I called Diver's Supply and they said that their manifolds were designed as 7.25" AND 8" type so if I had one of their manifolds, I could use it on a 7.25" tank and also use it on a 8" tank.

I'm not educated in this area too much so please forgive me if that is how all manifolds are designed.

J

JeffG:
You will only get 1/2 across unless you have a haskel. Might as well just dump it.

hoping i can get someone to pump it for me. (and have received another offer of help via PM :) if not, maybe I will see how much I can get into an 80 stage at least.

Just got a set of doubles I bought. Take a look at the picture and see what UPS did for me. The question is, it doesn't seem to leak but can it be trusted?

I swear, you could ship a canonball with them and they would lose or break it.

Mike

mikerault:
Just got a set of doubles I bought. Take a look at the picture and see what UPS did for me. The question is, it doesn't seem to leak but can it be trusted?

I swear, you could ship a canonball with them and they would lose or break it.

Mike
I wouldn't.

My life is more important than a manifold.

Back
Top Bottom