Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If nothing else the narration on one of Dr. Bill's excellent and informative DVD's would gain him membership. Who knew Garibaldi had an accent?

WarmWaterDiver:
My wife says I'm often oblivious, but unfortunately not to kibitzers. Maybe Obstinate to letting kibitzers detract from the dive fun would fit better, but I can't wordsmith it to fit well.
You don't have to be oblivious to them, but it's a fine thing to aspire to as a Dork Diver.

It's not fun to obstinately resist rude kibitzers; while it's an acceptable place to begin, as you progress in your Dorkdom, you will become more adept at ignoring rude NDDs (when necessary) with basically no effort whatsoever.

It's like diving in relaxed, comfortable trim. In the beginning, you're practically forcing yourself to do it, but with time and practice, eventually you get to the point where you can just hover horizontally without conscious effort, and then your diving trancends into a whole new realm of relaxedness and fun.

(I'm to the point where sometimes I don't even do the internal sigh and behind-the-back eye roll anymore when I'm faced with a terminal NDD. It takes quite a bit to break my funcentration.)

trucker girl:
OOOOOHHH! Ber has all the cool stuff this year!

What were the mis-spellings anyway?

I'm going to order a mug and a sticker (no sweatshirt for me- I'm giving clothes to charity as it is!).

Ber- did you get my PM?

Thier instead of their :D

Nope, no PM. Did you send it to Ber Rabbit?
Ber :lilbunny:

ClayJar:
Divers Oblivious to Rude Kibitzers
  • Divers: self-explanatory
  • Oblivious: "unmindful, unconscious, unaware; forgetful, without remembrance or memory" (i.e. we either pay no attention or just don't let it stay with us)
  • Rude: also self-explanatory
  • Kibitzers: "(Yiddish) a meddler who offers unwanted advice to others."

I am *SO* not worthy... :rofl3: :rofl3:

Yep... that pretty much sez' it fer' me!

ClayJar:
You don't have to be oblivious to them, but it's a fine thing to aspire to as a Dork Diver.

It's not fun to obstinately resist rude kibitzers; while it's an acceptable place to begin, as you progress in your Dorkdom, you will become more adept at ignoring rude NDDs (when necessary) with basically no effort whatsoever.

It's like diving in relaxed, comfortable trim. In the beginning, you're practically forcing yourself to do it, but with time and practice, eventually you get to the point where you can just hover horizontally without conscious effort, and then your diving trancends into a whole new realm of relaxedness and fun.

(I'm to the point where sometimes I don't even do the internal sigh and behind-the-back eye roll anymore when I'm faced with a terminal NDD. It takes quite a bit to break my funcentration.)

Funcentration- What a great word! I have a phrase I like for NDD's: "Dude, yer harshing my mellow". :hippy:

Claws:
In my quest I have now found the ultimate Snorkle.
Any Dork worth their salt has to have one of these.

The AM radio snorkle!!!!

:crafty: :crafty: :crafty: :crafty:

But only as your primary snorkel...your secondary has to be an Ocean Master dry snorkel!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom