Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
"I was a dork diver before it was cool!"

i laughed out loud when i read that, but now i am confused.

does that now mean that there are 2 classes of dork divers? those who really are dorks and those that feign dorkness to appear cool?:11:

shouldn't claiming dork diver status pre-"cool" actually result in loss of membership of the dork divership fraternity based upon it's inherent one-upmanship?:shakehead

a ruling please

Joe

Well, you could say that all dork divers are equal but some are more equal than others.
Or perhaps all dork divers are dorky but some are more dorky than others!

That last is probably the most accurate!

Nah- the only true distinction is probably DD and NDD. There is, of course, room for ADD (advanced dork diver) and the like. It's just that some of us were dorks to begin with. Others may not have realised their true nature until it was shown to them- sort of like "I always knew there was something wrong- I tried to fit in when the bragging started, but I just never could. Now I realise that it was because, in my heart, I was a dork. Now I know that being a dork diver is something to be proud of and I find myself seeking out other dorks to dive with."

Along those lines. A dork would never look down on another dork just because they never used to wear a yellow snorkel! Or even if they still don't!

But some dork divers ARE more dorky than others!
(I speak from experience)

I don't know why I ignored this thread for so long. Maybe it was because I assumed a Dork Diver would be the total opposite of what the manifesto actually is? I mean, usually dorkiness is next to computer nerdness. But I finally read it this morning and it was soooo not what I thought it would be. I am definitely a Dork Diver.:rofl3:

Dork Diver and proud of it!!

PS. I love the Just Say No to Koolaid. Bwaa haa haaa

fairybasslet:
I don't know why I ignored this thread for so long. Maybe it was because I assumed a Dork Diver would be the total opposite of what the manifesto actually is? I mean, usually dorkiness is next to computer nerdness. But I finally read it this morning and it was soooo not what I thought it would be. I am definitely a Dork Diver.:rofl3:

Dork Diver and proud of it!!

PS. I love the Just Say No to Koolaid. Bwaa haa haaa

Click - One more member! :D
Welcome aboard the good ship -Who cares - we just want to have a good time!

Dave

Hehe, in the spirit of deja vu (which will be driving me nuts for weeks, I imagine)...

Hey, you know what we really ought to have? A Dork Divers forum! Maybe under Non-Geographic Clubs or something? :D

ClayJar:
Hehe, in the spirit of deja vu (which will be driving me nuts for weeks, I imagine)...

Hey, you know what we really ought to have? A Dork Divers forum! Maybe under Non-Geographic Clubs or something? :D
Wow...

Great idea

ClayJar:

Nah.. They'll never go for it .. :D

ClayJar:

I was thinking next to the DIR forum would be a great place.

What a great place this is....I feel at home already...first time posting in this forum....cool beans:) I guess Dork Divers can say that.....lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom