Dork Divers Manifesto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the T-Shirts take off, count me in for qty.(2)- X-LG.

irishsquid:
If the T-Shirts take off, count me in for qty.(2)- X-LG.

Just had a brain fart and I'm hooked on it already. If this becomes some kinda official group, I may get a tattoo to add to my collection.

:D

Also interested in shirts and cards.

Played the bass violin in orchestra, carried the thing home from Jr. High a few times before achieving driving age. Dad had a half ton pickup with a camper shell and mom had a Buick Grand Safari wagon with a nice big V-8 in it due to this. Learned if I practiced a LOT, and dedicated myself, I might achieve mediocrity with it some day - and nowhere near enough jazz scenes where I grew up at that time.

After parallel parking practice in the wagon, driving test was a breeze. I'd abandoned my musical aspirations with the bass viol a few years earlier.

I hope we can get someone to draw a picture of the typical dork diver to put on the T-shirt. I definitely want at least one.:geek:

Okay sign me up. I played flute in middle school (ultra-dork points as a male right there) but later switched to saxophone (minus dork points for coolness?). I am fine with a jacket style BC (dork points?!?!?) but have been shopping for a wetsuit with the express requirement that it be "red" so I look cool and have the hot chicks flocking to me on the dive boat (wife is not reading this, I hope).

I was also in JROTC (super dork points) in high school and thought about putting 3 tank bangers on my tank just for the cool stripe effect (dork points!). I did however continue along the JROTC path into the Army and was in the 101st Airborne Division as an infantryman (cool points) and unfortunately for my membership prospects I look very cool in a pair of sunglasses with a rifle in my hands. :/ On the other hand I'm considering taking the orange shovel idea a bit further and spray painting an entrenching tool orange to strap to my bcd. You never know when you might need to dig out a fighting position at 70 feet when a horde of enemy sharks and starfish (pogues) appears.

So I'll leave it up to you if I can join the club or not. If you let me in, I'll need a t-shirt, bumper sticker, and a couple packs of the condoms (XXL of course).

Matt

DeltaWardog:
I did however continue along the JROTC path into the Army and was in the 101st Airborne Division as an infantryman (cool points) and unfortunately for my membership prospects I look very cool in a pair of sunglasses with a rifle in my hands. :/

Prove it :D I can loan you my boat hat if needed and you can re-take the picture, the hat should take you straight from cool to dork :wink:

DeltaWardog:
On the other hand I'm considering taking the orange shovel idea a bit further and spray painting an entrenching tool orange to strap to my bcd. You never know when you might need to dig out a fighting position at 70 feet when a horde of enemy sharks and starfish (pogues) appears.

The shovel would actually come in handy at the shallow sites when someone says "The depth is 25 feet if you dig a hole." :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Finally a dive group where I might fit in. Keep me posted about the Tshirt

Back
Top Bottom