DOING BUSINESS WITH DIVEINN??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, the octopus is from Aqualung, but it is called the LPO (low profile octo). Slimline is from Oceanic.

The price is good, just make sure you get it adjusted before diving it. The last few shipments have come badly adjusted. Something screwed down to tight? I have to check with our repair to find out exactly what was the problem is (nothing that can't be adjusted) but AquaLung is aware of it, and is fixing the problem. The octo still worked..just harded to breath off of. I'll let you know tomorrow what the problem is exactly.

If your LDS carries the LPO, see if they can match the price. And get their service department to check it out first.

scubabunny,

thanks for setting me straight.

Chad

Although the Aqualung LPO looks like a neat alternate it is not the one I had in mind / looking for. The LPO is round and the one I saw was nearly perfectly square. About 3" x 3" x 1". Breathable upside down without breathing water.

Any other ideas?

BTW: Thanks for the input so far I DO appreciate it.

SpyderTek

I used LPO Octo's for my classes and they breathed horrible...granted I realize they aren't supposed to perform like a high performance primary reg but man buddy breathing off of them sucked. Real wet breathers, I could over breathe it real easy and they free flowed very frequently.

Ok, I WAS going to the wrong URL. I found the Octo in question:

It is on the Scubatoys.com site and it is labeled:

Slim Line Mini-Octo
The picture has a logo on the octo but I can only make out one word..."Ocean"

Any idea what company makes this one and / or experience with it?

ST

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom