DOING BUSINESS WITH DIVEINN??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

burnt3d

Reaction score
hi- im wodering if anyone has done business with diveinn of spain. they have THE lowest prices on apex regulators. if you buy the apex tx50/40 combo, what comes with it/doesnt come with it??? how about yearly maintenance? anyone have problems with a shop in the states servicing the gear because it was bought overseas?? do you get all of the hoses installed for the primary and octopus? thanks for the info, tim.

Hi,

Just bought this setup from diveinn.com (NOT divein.co.uk as some people get them mixed up). Ordered it one Saturday night and received it by Wednesday (from Spain to California). Mine came with the primary regulator already attached to the first stage. The octopus was loose, along with a loose octopus hose not attached to the first stage. So be prepared to bolt it together! This might sound slack on diveinn's (or Apeks') behalf, but it gives you the flexibility to configure your regulator set how you like. Diveinn provide warranty. Servicing is through the LDS of your choice.

If you're worried about not getting service on your regulators because you bought them off the web, ask yourself what would happen if you bought them from a store and then moved away from the area - would your new LDS refuse service because you didn't buy it from them! I don't think so. There is nothing on the regulators physically to identify it as an online purchase.

Might be tactful though not to mention it to the guy behind the counter when you get servicing about how much money you saved by not buying from him - saw someone post a message on here about how their local store got snotty at them when he pointed out how expensive they were compared to the purchase he made off the web - well duh!

my jar of pennies worth,

Ben

I bought a pair of Mares Plana Avanti Quattro Fins from them. I mixed up the size so I called and emailed them to change and confirm the change. Helped that I speak spanish but not necessary they all communicate in English. I got my shipment from DHL in 4 business days and also got a set of replacement straps and buckles. All in all I spent less on the whole deal including shipping than the price my LDS wanted to charge me; unless of course I could fit my fat foot into an SMALL pair they had on clearance.

What about the warranty on the regulators? I am looking at the Scubapro MK20 first stage with the S600 second. The going price is $312-$326 online compared to almost $600 at my LDS. The concern I have is that even though DIVEINN may warranty the equipmint will Scubapro? My LDS won't accept DIVEINN but they will accept Scubapro warranties. And I don't want to go through hassle and uncertainty of shipping my reg to and from Spain whenever I need a service or repair. I found an email contact on Scubapro's US website so I think I'll shoot them an email later today and ask them about their relationship with DIVEINN. I'll let you know what they say.

SCUBA_Barge

FYI and if it means anything, the printed version of the LeisurePro catalog showed the TX100 reg at about $360 or so which is competitive with DiveInn.com if I remember correctly (could be wrong).

You still won't get the the manufacturer's warranty, but at least you're keeping the dollars on this side of the Atlantic.

(Oh, and the TX50 was less than $300 (first and second stages only, no octo))

Tim - As I am based in the UK I can't comment on their service to the US but from the previous posts, that doesn't seem to be an issue. I've found DiveInn to be helpful and informative when buying dive gear from them. (An added advantage is that at least one of the girls there is English so there is no communication barrier.) I'm not sure about the warranty on the Apeks regs but I'm sure if you e-mail DiveInn they'll be happy to let you know.

SCUBA_Barge - I am also looking at getting the ScubaPro MK20 S600 (I want to do a bit more research first) and DiveInn are about £100 ($150) cheaper that any LDS in the UK. My LDS has informed me that the ScubaPro gear comes with a worldwide warranty and you can basically walk into any ScubaPro dealer and get the gear fixed and it is not dependant on where you bought the kit from. I'd be interested to know if ScubaPro come back with the same answer.

Luckily I don't have TexasMike's very vaild problem on keeping the $$ on the same side of the Atlantic but as dive gear is so expensive, I'm of the opinion that any penny saved helps. Especially when the price differences are so high. With the money I'll save on the regs I can buy half a BC. Now that would be an interesting dive :wink:

Cheers,
Gayle

You don't happen to be in Guam, do you?

Hi all,

Didnt know were the most appropriate place to post this question but I thought this was the closest thread on topic.

Last week while shopping for my regulator I came across and Octopus alternate Air source. Unfortunately I didnt order it nor did I write down what it was. I can't find it now. If anyone knows what the specifics on this item and / or where I can find it now I'd be grateful for the information.

The Octo was a slim square design. Advertized as the smallest Octo available. Breathable upright or upside down. And came "..in any color you like --- as long as you like yellow." It was being sold for $57.00 Dollars US. I believe it showed up in 2 different catagories "Regulators-Octos" and "Alternate Air Sources"

I am nearly positive I saw this item on Diveinn.com but can no longer find either the octopus OR the catagory "Alternate Air Sources" Am I missing it? Or am I confusing my URLs and it wasnt on Diveinn.com at all?

Thanks

Spyder

SpyderTek,

That Octo sounds like a Aqua Lung. I believe it is called the slim line but I am not sure. If it is the Aqua Lung I have one and like it as a back up.

Hope this helps

Chad

I wouldn't worrry about the warranty issues since the savings difference of nearly $300 will buy a bunch of parts and labor over the course of a regs life. Scuba Pro and Apeks make good regs, and Apeks are especially well known for their long term reliability and low maintenance.

I just got a new TX100 (not fom DiveINN), and it's great. I've been using an older Zeagle T50D (Apeks TX50), and IMO they are the top banana of regs.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom