Does Oceanic offer a military pricing program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simmonsjr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This question is primarily for Doug, but if anyone else knows please feel free to answer. I need to know if Oceanic has a military pricing program for official orders. My LDS was unsure if this was the case. Doug, if you need more details I would be happy to PM you; just let me know.

Jason

Doug, thanks for the reply. I did figure that it would eventually have to be done through the LDS. I am in the process of doing the legwork right now to get the purchase approved. Could you tell me how the program works? Also is there a pricing list that I could get my hands on to write everything up with? Thanks.

Jason

Sounds good to me. I am working with Shane Taylor at A-1 SCUBA in Englewood, Co. Their phone number is 303-789-2450.

The purchase, if I get final approval for it, will be through the Department of Veteran's Affairs as I am a disabled veteran who they are providing vocational retraining for.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you again for all of your help.

Jason

Doug, thanks for getting in touch with Shane for me; he's putting together a quote right now. Also, he mentioned that you were interested in potentially working with the VA and wanted some additional information about the program that I am working with so here it is.

The program is called Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services. It is basically an alternative to the Montgomery G.I. Bill for severely disabled veterans who can no longer be employed in the job that the military trained them for. The program provides the veteran an opportunity to be retrained in a new job field that is suitable to the limitations of their disability. For the most seriously disabled it also attempts to help them regain some semblance of independence in their day-to-day life.

I contacted my counselor to find out if there is a point of contact at the national level that I could pass along to you. I'll let you know when I hear back from him. Also, Shane did say that I might be able to help you guys out from a PR standpoint, and I just wanted to let you know that I would be more than happy to help out in anyway possible. I really do appreciate you helping me to make this a reality. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can help answer.

Jason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom