Closed End of year order (EOYO)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay makes sense, I'm probably not the target audience.
I would consider that post you linked to also be pretty vague lol
Like for a group buy normally I would expect some info like "I live in X region and have industry connections where I make large orders directly from X manufacturers every X months and ship those order overseas so the avg cost tends to be X percent lower, available parts/kits can be searched for at this link X".

I see what you're saying but I'm not trying to drum up new "business" or "organise group buys" if that makes sense. I've never used the words "group buy" but I can see how it might look that way from my threads.

I do this to help out folk in the main. And yes, you are correct you are not "target audience". I've been doing this for a few years so I guess I assume those that know, know.

This is mostly for the DIY folk who know me. I only make public posts as DMing every person individually who buys off me to alert them that I'm placing another order is way too time consuming and as @Geo7 points out I'm not a business.

If I were a business and was doing group buys I'd be doing as you suggest.

Funnily enough, in all the years I've been doing this, this is the first time "this" has come up. Having said that I have had a few DMs enquiring similar.

As what I'm doing sometimes ruffles feathers I try not to shout it out in implicit detail.

Take care eh.

Yup, you are right. For someone jumping in now, this thread is confusing, but no one else dared to ask. :) There probably is some post like you propose, maybe a few years back, but that does not help.

Actually, some of us recommended he should post this with the note "only for friends / previous buyers", but Buddhasummer is too nice for that and went the middle road, meaning he'll still consider unknown parties while keeping the text "low profile"...

Yes, a few years back there were several posts stating more clearly what I was offering, guess I just assume given how prolifically I post that people who are into DIY, usually regulars, know by now and I'm ok with that as every new person is a potential problem, glass is half empty. From my posts, it's not that hard to figure it out.

Yup, you are right. For someone jumping in now, this thread is confusing, but no one else dared to ask. :) There probably is some post like you propose, maybe a few years back, but that does not help.

Actually, some of us recommended he should post this with the note "only for friends / previous buyers", but Buddhasummer is too nice for that and went the middle road, meaning he'll still consider unknown parties while keeping the text "low profile"...

Yes, you've suggested this before and although I think it's a good idea, my only concern was that I don't really want to exclude anyone that is genuine and really needs help.

I'll leave this open for 1 week then shut it down (Friday November 4th) as I'd like to have this all done and dusted before years end.

As you were.

2 days to go.

SP October increase was not too bad, marginal increase in the main. Whew.

Back ordered parts have arrived at dealers. I will be shutting this order off Friday. Those who have requested prices will get them this evening.

If anyone wants anything better be quick. Last order for the year. You know everyone who hasn't made a price increase recently will most definitely do so come new year.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom