An Airbnb for Divers in Western Puerto Rico

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JossRincon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello folks! I've been here on the forum only since 2023, but have been diving since 2016. Right around that time my husband and I started traveling to Puerto Rico and immediately fell in love with the town of Rincon on the West side. In 2018 we found a home right off the beach and frequently go out for both shore and boat dives to local reefs and Desecheo Island. Since we moved in, we've stayed here during the winter months, enjoying not only the many dive spots here in Rincon, but the proximity to other shops and amazing dive sites/areas (Parguera and Aguadilla for the most part, but we do also try to get across the island to Vieques and Culebra when we can.) Just off the beach here, we've seen Humpback Whales, Dolphins, Nurse and Reef Sharks, and an amazing variety of creatures and coral.

Winter is a rougher month for weather, so diving is at the whim of the ocean/waves - but from spring into late fall it's much more calm. We are not consistently here over those months, though, so we decided to open up our house for short term rentals and would love to welcome divers who'd like to experience what Rincon and the island of PR has to offer.

For our own diving habits, we installed a backyard rinse/soak/hanging area for wetsuits/etc. and then a rack in the front entryway where we can store gear instead of having it in the house. The house can fit up to 4 people, and it's in a more residential/quiet neighborhood (the town center and a ton of restaurants, including the best fish tacos in Rincon are about a 10 minute walk away, though!)

If you've been tempted to visit Rincon or the West Coast of PR, please do check us out. And regardless, if you have questions about diving in Rincon or PR in general, I'm very happy to answer anything I can or point you in the right direction. Here's our link:

Casa Recife Rincon will be open for guests beginning late May 2024, but if you have March or April travel plans, feel free to contact me to see if we can help.

Cheers, and hope to see you on a dive someday!

Joss

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom