Does Leisure Pro ever sell fake stuff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know.... DiversDiscountFlorida has an Ebay site also. A while back, I did an "Ask seller question" about an item they had for sale. They replied, etc...

The next week, I found that they've added me to their email distribution list. They must have gotten my email from the EBAY PM because I didn't click "hide my email address". It kinda ticked me off. Then I had to send them several emails to get them to take me off their list. It was really annoying.

Fast forward another year or so, I saw something on their site that I wanted to order. I clicked "add to cart" and ordered. Never got my order. When I inquired, I was told that you had to have a $50 minimum order for me to order anything via mail from them.

Ya know... I never had these problems the one or two times I ordered something from LeisurePro. So if they want to try to pick on LP, that's fine. But they don't have much of a leg to stand on in my book.

amajamar:
I don't know if it has been mentioned anywhere in this thread, but if you ask them directly, they will tell you that they are authorized to sell Tusa only.

amajamar

According to MDB, who works for Apollo, LeisurePro is an authorized dealer for Apollo also.

I think they are, or were, or about to be an authorized dealer for Oceanic, according to Doug Krause, Oceanics marketing or sales director.

I'm sure they are dealers for other stuff also. Otherwise for example they wouldn't be meeting MAP price for Henderson Wetsuits. (Even if they aren't listed as a dealer on that manufacturers website).

Well, for what it's worth, I have made two purchases from LP. Everything was delivered as described, and within two days. I have no complaints, however, for items that require authorized dealers to validate parts programs, I will be cautious.

Of course, it all depends on price...! If you are buying something brand new for the cost of used gear... pretty tempting!

amajamar

I asked this question to LP last month:

"I have read that you are not an authorized dealer for certain products. Is this true for all products you sell, or just some?

I would like to do business with your company as it seems your prices are very good, however, I do not want to get stuck with gear that does not carry a manufacturers warranty for parts and service that is the same as I would receive from a local dive shop.

Please advise regarding the facts in this matter and whether you can supply a list of manufacturers of which you are authorized to sell.

Thanks.

Sincerely,"

Their reply dated 7/3/2007 from a salesperson at LP stated, "THE ONLY MANUFACTURE WE ARE OFFICIALLY A DEALER IS TUSA "

So for me, I'm going with that!! If they were authorized to sell other manufacturers they would without doubt tell us!

amajamar:
So for me, I'm going with that!! If they were authorized to sell other manufacturers they would without doubt tell us!

I'm sure some of these things change often with LP.

I was just going on what other manufacturers said. (not arguing your post from LP directly).

just providing below for FYI purposes.

MDB at Apollo said in this post
MDB:
Leisure Pro is an authorized dealer for our products.

From Doug Krause at Oceanic in this thread
Doug Krause:
Thank you Dive Right In Scuba for clarifying this question in my absence. YES, we are working with Leisure Pro to become an Authorized Oceanic Dealer. It is not official at this point. When Leisure Pro complies with all dealer requirements, they will be added to the web site and eligible to offer all Oceanic Warranty and Service Programs.

Well, if it happens, it would be great!

Although, I wonder if the pricing on Oceanic gear will increase at that point?!!

amajamar

amajamar:
Well, if it happens, it would be great!

Although, I wonder if the pricing on Oceanic gear will increase at that point?!!

Actually Doug's post is from earlier this year.

At one point and time earleir this summer, LP's OCeanic prices went to MAP pricing. Then they lowered them again. I don't know all the details involved with this but it seems that they met the requirements and then changed them again. (but I'm not 100% sure).

I'm not involved in any of that. It was "just an observation" that several of us made.

I'm sure that there has to be some minimum price requirement for an authorized sales source. Can you imagine buying fully warranteed and authorized gear at LP's prices? It would put all LDS out of business!!

amajamar

amajamar:
I'm sure that there has to be some minimum price requirement for an authorized sales source.

that all depends on the brand and the dealer agreement. most brands have MAP, but some have further price restrictions and some don't. Most manfuactuers don't care what you're selling it for as long as you're selling "their" product over the competitors.

Can you imagine buying fully warranteed and authorized gear at LP's prices? It would put all LDS out of business!!

Actually several dive shops that are authorized dealers will meet Leisure Pro's price and still provide full manufacturer warranties.

That way you get full warranty and also the best price. What more could you ask for?

mike_s:
You know.... DiversDiscountFlorida has an Ebay site also. A while back, I did an "Ask seller question" about an item they had for sale. They replied, etc...

The next week, I found that they've added me to their email distribution list. They must have gotten my email from the EBAY PM because I didn't click "hide my email address". It kinda ticked me off. Then I had to send them several emails to get them to take me off their list. It was really annoying.

Fast forward another year or so, I saw something on their site that I wanted to order. I clicked "add to cart" and ordered. Never got my order. When I inquired, I was told that you had to have a $50 minimum order for me to order anything via mail from them.

Ya know... I never had these problems the one or two times I ordered something from LeisurePro. So if they want to try to pick on LP, that's fine. But they don't have much of a leg to stand on in my book.
Sorry, you have confused us with someone else. We don't have an Ebay site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom