The problem of understocked dive shops.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric

I am skeptical that there is much difference between "freediving" neoprene and "scuba" neoprene. I have been scuba diving in freediving suits for a couple of years now. Former SB personality DumpsterDiver turned me on to them and I haven't looked back.

I note that freedivestore.com and makospearguns.com have extensive inventories of high-quality 2-piece beavertail wetsuits at competitive prices and with generous return policies.

On inventory in LDSs, I share your pain and have moved on and accepted that most of my gear purchases will be from LeisurePro and DGX. I make my own air and perform my own service.

We have been diving the Mako Yamamoto open cell wetsuits for a few months now and have been extremely pleased. Excellent materials and construction. Mako has very competitive prices and excellent customer service too. I am currently writing a review, but it’s somewhat burdensome explaining the advantages, disadvantages and differences between open cell and closed cell neoprene to the vast number of divers unfamiliar with open cell. Has this been addressed on SB in the past? @MAKO Spearguns

We have been diving the Mako Yamamoto open cell wetsuits for a few months now and have been extremely pleased. Excellent materials and construction. Mako has very competitive prices and excellent customer service too. I am currently writing a review, but it’s somewhat burdensome explaining the advantages, disadvantages and differences between open cell and closed cell neoprene to the vast number of divers unfamiliar with open cell. Has this been addressed on SB in the past? @MAKO Spearguns

Thanks very much for the positive comments!

We made a promotional (and hopefully informative post) on this thread. I'm not sure it adequately spells out the differences in open cell versus closed cell suits, but it might be relevant

How To Choose a Freedive Suit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom