does Hollis support actually exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I left them a message and sent them an email recently. Neither were returned. I get that they want us to use our LDS, but what's the point of having a support phone number and email address if they're just going to ignore them?

I'm glad new, customer service focused companies like Shearwater and Deep 6 are coming up. I hope they eat Huish's lunch.

Unless a person has a LDS with outstanding customer service where they bend over backwards to help people, why would they assist with the dilemma when there is nothing in it for them? When you buy a product, the support for that product comes from the manufacturer not the selling party. LDS usually only have the technology to change batteries and the O ring. They do not have the knowledge or the equipment to run diagnostic tests on computers. The end result is, why does it matter who sends the product in for repairs.

When you buy a product, the support for that product comes from the manufacturer not the selling party. LDS usually only have the technology to change batteries and the O ring. They do not have the knowledge or the equipment to run diagnostic tests on computers. The end result is, why does it matter who sends the product in for repairs.

It does force the owner of the computer to walk into the manufacturers approved outlet...
Hoping for an impulse buy maybe?

It does force the owner of the computer to walk into the manufacturers approved outlet...
Hoping for an impulse buy maybe?
This is true...and I usually always buy something when I visit my LDS even if it’s a small inexpensive thing. It just keeps them seeing me as a valued customer or a spender. They seem to always take care of me when I go in there.

Hollis has never really had any semblance of customer support, especially considering the amount of bad products they've released. The general word on here and in cave country is that you never get anywhere until you get a hold of Nick Hollis himself and then it gets solved. Right now though, I'd try to get it back to the LDS and take the money they'll give you on a Shearwater....

I've just recalled that this stuff happened not long after I updated the firmware using the official Hollis app, so it actually could be a faulty firmware.
Who else owns TX-1 - please write your firmware version (Menu - TX1 HE ID) - and when you've last updated it.
My model is: Firmware 1b, LCD 02, updated somewhere around March 2018, and it had less than 20 dives since then.

A firmware issue isn’t just going to randomly start behaving badly. If the firmware is jacked, it’s jacked from the moment it’s flashed, not 20 dives down the road.

Regardless, good luck. Your experience is exactly why the only thing I’ll buy from Hollis is fins.

My list of suppliers I will never purchase from again due to poor/non existent customer service

Hollis
Oceanic
Mares
Suunto

I have a counterexample for Mares. I wanted replacement 7' rubber (not Miflex) hoses for my Abyss, but they're not available in the US any more. I stopped by the booth at BTS and mentioned this to someone who happened to be a VP. The next time he went to Italy a couple of months later, he had them make me up two at the factory. I paid the normal price (which I'd have been happy to do with less fanfare), but I didn't have to go shopping for new back gas regs, so I was quite happy with the outcome.

But you had to talk to the VP to get that done. That's not how customer service should work. You get on the good side of anyone at the top of most food chains like that and you can get just about anything.

I had good customer service from GoPro once before. Didn't require any special connections or chance meetings. I went through the normal customer service portal email and got into a discussion about the wrist mount straps being too short for a gloved hand. A few months later they made a custom batch of extra long ones, the reached out to me if I still needed one. I did, I got it, Happy! That is how good customer service should work.

Back
Top Bottom