Suunto TERRIBLE Customer support - D9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How owns Suunto now?

Suunto is one of the brands owned by Huish Outdoors LLC. From what I can tell, Huish LLC was created by Michael Huish around 2009 in the Salt Lake City area of the US state of Utah and is currently owned by its members Michael and Danton Huish.

-Z

Suunto is one of the brands owned by Huish Outdoors LLC. From what I can tell, Huish LLC was created by Michael Huish around 2009 in the Salt Lake City area of the US state of Utah and is currently owned by its members Michael and Danton Huish.

-Z

Incorrect. SUUNTO is distributed and serviced by Huish in the US. Ownership remains in Finland.

Incorrect. SUUNTO is distributed and serviced by Huish in the US. Ownership remains in Finland.

Thanks for the correction. Upon further reading Huish partnered with them in 2016. Suunto is currently a subsidiary of Amer Sports, which is owned by Anta sports.

-Z

I worked at a LDS for years. SUUNTO has the worst service model of the manufacturers. SP, Cressi, Mares were great. With SUUNTO, you have to deal with a hierarchy of other accredited dive stores. So frustrating. You have no idea.

I worked at a LDS for years. SUUNTO has the worst service model of the manufacturers. SP, Cressi, Mares were great. With SUUNTO, you have to deal with a hierarchy of other accredited dive stores. So frustrating. You have no idea.
I guess he does have an idea now :-/

I guess he does have an idea now :-/

Kinda sorta. The OP is is Germany. I have no idea how service is handled in the EU. Anyone know?

Glad I didn't buy my kid the eon/pod deal...

While under warranty, the dealer you bought from is your place to go. After that, any dealer that offers Suunto, preferably one you trust and that can do service like replacing a batterie.

For those in the USA Suunto dive computers are serviced/distributed by Huish (since 2016) before that by AquaLung. All other Suunto products are serviced/distributed by Amer Sports United States (which is owned by Amer Sports which is owned by Anta Sports)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom