does Hollis support actually exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vovanx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my computer (TX-1) started to malfunction (randomly shutting off, freezing on one screen or showing random stuff) and i've sent an email to service at huish outdoors dotcom more than a week ago - got no answer.
OK, it could have got into the SPAM folder, so i've sent another email from different mail service 5 days ago (3 business days and 2 weekend), still no answer.
I haven't called them yet though, will do in a few days. meanwhile, does anyone know some personal email contact at Hollis instead of generic address shown on their website?

They don't want to deal with you. All contact should be with a dive shop. They consider shops their customers, not us. Even through those channels, it is abysmal.

Good luck.

Hmmmm.... same customer service classes that Suunto attended. When you do get someone, they are going to tell you you are SOL.

And just to be a dick,
Shearwater has great customer service and not require a shop to be a middle man. -- Dick move over --

I will also mention that the shop I deal with still has issues with venders. For some reason it is common in the dive industry to have crap follow up service. I think that is why when a place has good product and good customer service you suddenly get a place that everyone loves. So many places have the product but lack the customer service.

They don't want to deal with you. All contact should be with a dive shop. They consider shops their customers, not us. Even through those channels, it is abysmal.

Good luck.

My local Hollis service center said that they can only reflash the firmware or send the computer to USA for more thorough testing. I decided that simply reflashing is not serious and thus contacted the US service center.
So do you advise me to send the computer to the local Hollis shop and tell them to forward it to the US?

Hmmmm.... same customer service classes that Suunto attended. When you do get someone, they are going to tell you you are SOL.
A couple of years ago my friend sent a Suunto computer to the local dealer for the annual service and battery replacement and received back a completely new computer, as they found some problem with his old one. That's why I own two Suuntos besides the Hollis. I agree that they are overpriced, have not the best algo, and so on, but still quite happy with them.

Good luck.

My brother went through this recently with Aqua Lung. He currently lives hours from the closest dealer. Aqua Lung clearly wasn’t even heading his emails. Their customer service people just kept telling him to contact his local dealer for assistance, lol.

Hi @vovanx

Easiest thing to do would be to have your local authorized shop send it in to Hollis. Did you buy it from your local dealer?

If the local shop is not available to you, try using the Huish Returns Portal, I found it quick and easy for a couple of Oceanic returns Return Merchandise Authorization | Huish Outdoors - 1540 North 2200 West | Salt Lake City UT 84116 US I don't know about Hollis, Oceanic will repair/replace any out of warranty current product for a reasonable flat fee Support » Service

If the computer is a goner and not worth repair or replace, you can use your PPS transmitter and buy a Perdix AI or a Teric.

My list of suppliers I will never purchase from again due to poor/non existent customer service

Hollis
Oceanic
Mares
Suunto

My list of suppliers I will never purchase from again due to poor/non existent customer service

Hollis
Oceanic
Mares
Suunto
Yeah and how many of these are owned by the big H?

Yeah and how many of these are owned by the big H?
Own 2, distribute 1. Of course, Holls and Oceanic have really only ever been one company.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom