Does Hollis have a presence on this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually Chris I prefer phone calls. Anytime between 3:30 and 9PM EST Mon - Fri and 9 -5 or so on Sat and Sunday. But I will also take calls Sat and Sun evenings til 9 or so but you may get a call back if the Gf and I are in the middle of a good movie. Detailed emails can take me 15 minutes to half an hour to compose to cover what could be answered in a 3 min phone call. If I'm out it means I am answering them on the droid which can be difficult. Eyes and thumbs are not what they used to be.

And lately even with my better than average spam filters I am getting a lot of solicitations for products from overseas and in the US. Some of it actually dive related! Want some LED's and Security Cameras? Seems I now have sources for them! It is not uncommon to see 50 - 75 emails a day. Most of which get deleted and on a couple occaisions it was good I did not empty the trash as some emails got tossed by mistake that should have been opened. That was on one of those 100 email days. Phone calls never get deleted by mistake and maybe I'm old fashioned but I like hearing the voice of who I'm talking to. Especially on a sale or tech question. Emails can be misinterpreted. I spent one Sunday afternoon talking a boat captain through adjusting his second stage and heard seagulls in the background. Most enjoyable.

I try to answer all emails as soon as possible. Sometimes that may take 24 hours. Phone calls never wait that long.

I try to answer all emails as soon as possible. Sometimes that may take 24 hours. Phone calls never wait that long.

24 hour response time in emails is quite acceptable. Anyone expecting an immediate response to a question needs to use an alternative method of contact.

As for the forums, if a company chooses to have a a presence on a forum (and lets face it, they will only do so on the large customer based forums) then surely it makes good customer service/business sense to view and respond to those forums regularly, even once a week would probably be enough.

Jim, was just wondering, I'm not particularly computer savvy, is it not possible to weed out spam? How does a computer decide whats spam and what is not? Or does the end user have to go through each one. On my email account the little spam I do get stands out and is easily identified as spam. Is it more prolific on business accounts? Cheers.

Jim, was just wondering, I'm not particularly computer savvy, is it not possible to weed out spam? How does a computer decide whats spam and what is not? Or does the end user have to go through each one. On my email account the little spam I do get stands out and is easily identified as spam. Is it more prolific on business accounts? Cheers.

Some spam algorithms are better than others, there's no way to automate the removal of ALL spam emails without removing some legitimate emails, so it's a balancing act, hence the common usage of 'Junk' email folders. No Email server administrator wants to be accountable for that really important email to their CEO not being delivered :)

Yes spam email is far more prolific on business accounts, as they tend to be published a lot more than personal accounts, as well as the domain names (not ncessarily email addresses) being searchable by spam bots.

Some spam algorithms are better than others, there's no way to automate the removal of ALL spam emails without removing some legitimate emails, so it's a balancing act, hence the common usage of 'Junk' email folders. No Email server administrator wants to be accountable for that really important email to their CEO not being delivered :)

Yes spam email is far more prolific on business accounts, as they tend to be published a lot more than personal accounts, as well as the domain names (not ncessarily email addresses) being searchable by spam bots.

G'day mate, cheers for the reply, makes sense.

John is correct. I have three email accounts I need to monitor in addition to Scubaboard, Linked In, and several other message boards. Once you use one of those email accounts for ANY kind of business contact or product inquiry you end up on someone's list that could be sold, traded, or mined by bots. Filtering all emails from say a domain in Australia, the UK, or even China can come back to bite you later if a product opportunity actually worth something gets blocked.

I also have fairly high profile website. I was told recently by a customer who did a search for HOG scuba gear that the HOG website was number one. Number two - mine. Forgot to ask what search engine. Businesses see that as well.

Latest spam inquiries are coming from all kinds of places overseas asking why I'm not on some application called card ap. It seems they are some kind of new start up looking to add businesses to some kind of virtual business card. How they get me is likely the result of rankings of business sites. Been getting ten to twelve of those a week lately. See why I like phone calls?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Such an old post but I went on a dive trip June 13-15, within 2-3 days after the dive I emailed them through their website, once, twice and three times, all three were to different departments. After the third time I called them, the guy on the other end answered and said who are you calling, before I could say anything.... I said Im calling Hollis, this is the number I dialed. Then after explaining my problem with a brand new $119 plus tax M3 Mask it was like talking to a tree. In other words he didnt have answer, other than I dont think its a replacement part! So tonight I felt it was time to send another email this time expressing my dissatisfaction in their customer service along with all i want is a pair of the darn M3 Buckles for replacement and a backup. How hard could it be!

So then I went to the facebook page and sent a similar message, hoping someone daily watches facebook. So what is the next step....... I called, I emailed 4times, posted on FB and SB.

Its 60 mile round trip to my local dive shop. Time and fuel for something that can easily be fixed with, "Ill send you one." These are plastic cant be no more than 2 bucks! So Yes you can solve problems with a phone call but you cant remotely solve it when you get Fasheed who dont even know where he works at and cant answer a question with anything except I dont think.... Time was given, attempts were made. Customer Service by reading a few other posts needs some work.

Steve
Owner of a $125.00 Hollis Mask that wont hold a strap because it popped off and the spring went yonder! Just send me a pair of buckles I WILL BUY THEM!!!!! or the size of the spring!!!

1st, call your LDS & see if they can help you or order the piece (maybe ship it to you). 2nd maybe try to PM HollisGearNick (Nick Hollis), perhaps he might be able to steer you in the right direction (probably my suggestion #1). Nick is fairly active on this sight & very helpful, but as the head honcho of Hollis, I'm sure he is a very busy man.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom