Does Hollis have a presence on this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Such an old post but I went on a dive trip June 13-15, within 2-3 days after the dive I emailed them through their website, once, twice and three times, all three were to different departments. After the third time I called them, the guy on the other end answered and said who are you calling, before I could say anything.... I said Im calling Hollis, this is the number I dialed. Then after explaining my problem with a brand new $119 plus tax M3 Mask it was like talking to a tree. In other words he didnt have answer, other than I dont think its a replacement part! So tonight I felt it was time to send another email this time expressing my dissatisfaction in their customer service along with all i want is a pair of the darn M3 Buckles for replacement and a backup. How hard could it be!

So then I went to the facebook page and sent a similar message, hoping someone daily watches facebook. So what is the next step....... I called, I emailed 4times, posted on FB and SB.

Its 60 mile round trip to my local dive shop. Time and fuel for something that can easily be fixed with, "Ill send you one." These are plastic cant be no more than 2 bucks! So Yes you can solve problems with a phone call but you cant remotely solve it when you get Fasheed who dont even know where he works at and cant answer a question with anything except I dont think.... Time was given, attempts were made. Customer Service by reading a few other posts needs some work.

Steve
Owner of a $125.00 Hollis Mask that wont hold a strap because it popped off and the spring went yonder! Just send me a pair of buckles I WILL BUY THEM!!!!! or the size of the spring!!!

Hi Steve,

Thanks for contacting us here and apologies for not receiving your email. Our staff has checked without any luck and replied to your fb message from yesterday with the same reply. Can you please forward your original message to info@hollis.com or PM me your contact number and I will reach out directly. Happy to sort it out as the mask buckles are available and covered under warranty.

Cheers,
Nick

TY Nick,
I was contacted and everything was taken care of. Your action was immediate and appreciate the response.
Steve Holloway

Nick is fairly active on this sight & very helpful, but as the head honcho of Hollis, I'm sure he is a very busy man.

Nick and others should understand that if they fail to be responsive to the needs of their customers very soon they wont be busy.

Before everyone jumps all over for me for not using the phone, the reality is that in 2014 for better or worse the internet, email, facebook and scubaboard are here to stay and will ultimately be the preferred method of communication for most people. Any company that fails to meet the needs of their customers will fail. I can say that I for one would definitely think twice before considering a Hollis product. For myself I often do not get time to make calls until long after customer service has closed for the day and so for me the internet is the only way.

I would have more respect for a company that just decides not to have a presence on scubaboard then one who has a presence and then does not monitor and react to it.

Craig

I had a small issue with my Prism2 while in Bonaire. When I got home, I went to my LDS & my rebreather instructor/ service tech had me call Hollis, they said send it in & gave me an RA#. Sent it in last Tues. (4-5 business days shipping from IN <-> CA each way) They got it this past Mon. Inspected it, tested, found a very tiny leak in a cable, replaced the cable, replaced the electronics damaged by the leak (all covered by warranty) & are shipping it out today & should be back by Thurs..... That's less than 3 weeks. I would say considering the complexity of the rebreather..... that's pretty darned responsive. Wouldn't you?

As for the internet,... I can bet you are not on it 24/ 7 either. I'm on a lot & still can miss things. It may be here to stay,.. but it is not the thing to end all things.

Tstorm, this thread is not about whether the company is responsive by phone but rather about whether they take their presence on the internet in general and scubaboard more specifically, seriously.

You are right I am not on the internet 24/7 but I myself and others have waited weeks for a response either by email or online.

If a company is not able to keep up with checking emails frequently then they should just remove that as a contact option. Simple as that.

It's been an ongoing problem with this forum. Hollis is certainly under no obligation to maintain a presence on Scubaboard, but if they're going to have a forum in the Scuba Manufacturers section, it would seem reasonable to expect them to monitor it and respond in a timely manner.

Tstorm, this thread is not about whether the company is responsive by phone but rather about whether they take their presence on the internet in general and scubaboard more specifically, seriously.

You are right I am not on the internet 24/7 but I myself and others have waited weeks for a response either by email or online.

If a company is not able to keep up with checking emails frequently then they should just remove that as a contact option. Simple as that.

A week??? I have not gotten an answer from them on my inquiries here and by email on the harness / cam band issue in about a month. Seems like all of their effort is directed towards selling rebreathers.

OK, then,... Nick has responded to every post I have put on here, even when I have responded to other's posts with a mention of a small issue. Whether it has been with my rebreather, the H-160 scooter I had, an O2 regulator I have. Are the replies Instant as you seem to want it? No. But I have always gotten a reply within a few days,... every time. Just look back.

Well, you could always take it back to where you bought it.

Back
Top Bottom