Does Hollis have a presence on this forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I often wonder why the internet is thought of as the only means of communication? Phone works wonders.

When a company agrees to participate in a forum, there is an assumption that they actually will. There's another website called BBR/DSLR (Broadband Reports / DSL Reports ) that has a "Direct" program that allows very, very good interaction with engineers at ISPs that can, well, actually solve your problems. I've always preferred that route over "Thank you for calling, this is Ravi, have you rebooted your computer?"

When a company agrees to participate in a forum, there is an assumption that they actually will. There's another website called BBR/DSLR (Broadband Reports / DSL Reports ) that has a "Direct" program that allows very, very good interaction with engineers at ISPs that can, well, actually solve your problems. I've always preferred that route over "Thank you for calling, this is Ravi, have you rebooted your computer?"

Agreed. I recently received a rather curt response when I posted about getting no answer via this forum and no reply from several emails over a two week period. I was told almost rudely that I should call, now being out of country this was somewhat difficult not impossible but difficult. I understand that the manufacturers on this forum are often busy people so am OK with waiting a period. But often wonder what is the point of actually offering numerous ways of contact if only a phone call can guarantee a response. That being the case perhaps phone contact should be stipulated as number one means or only means of contact. I'm not sure what means you use to make contact should matter if its on offer, no response is no response and equally frustrating regardless of whether it's by forum, email or phone call.

---------- Post added September 18th, 2013 at 12:54 AM ----------

It just dawned on me that spam is probsbly a fly in the email ointment.

. I understand that the manufacturers on this forum are often busy people so am OK with waiting a period. But often wonder what is the point of actually offering numerous ways of contact if only a phone call can guarantee a response..

Agreed, In this day and age there is only one thing worse than a company that does not have a presence on the Internet and that is a company that does not take his presence on the Internet seriously. While crertain people still very much enjoy reaching out on the phone, and whether you like it or not, the future is in Electronic communication. I would far rather deal with a company that states that they are not yet ready to participate in this technology rather than one that makes email addresses available but does not respond to them.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If you all would do some.research you'd see that show season is starting up. There are a couple I think that I know of plus DEMA the first week of november. Reps are getting ready for those and checking internet forums is low on the list. Maybe it should not be but that's the industry now. Emails to them? Yeah right among the two to three hundred a day that are spam. Not to mention the chinese trying to sell LEDs and security cameras. Maybe an international call is expensive. But that's what skype is for. In the US there is no reason to avoid a phone call. Or as was suggested earlier one to your dealer may be in order.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If you all would do some.research you'd see that show season is starting up. There are a couple I think that I know of plus DEMA the first week of november. Reps are getting ready for those and checking internet forums is low on the list. Maybe it should not be but that's the industry now. Emails to them? Yeah right among the two to three hundred a day that are spam. Not to mention the chinese trying to sell LEDs and security cameras. Maybe an international call is expensive. But that's what skype is for. In the US there is no reason to avoid a phone call. Or as was suggested earlier one to your dealer may be in order.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure this is the case right now but it is not always so.

Don't get me wrong I use it daily for work. When you have a stack in your inbox they can often get overlooked or accidentally deleted. I know, I have done it. Around here if you send someone an email and you don't get a response in a reasonable amount of time, it is time to pick up the phone and see what is going on. I have had email in my sent box that the person who was supposed to receive never got. Email is not perfect,Things happen.

I love email and don't know how I would do without it. But, sometimes a phone call is a lot more effective, sometimes not.

I don't own any Hollis gear but I have found that my LDS (or where I bought it) is a good place to start if problems occur for any brand of gear. If they can't or won't do anything for me then I move on to the manufacturer.

heck, he replied in this post (albeit a long time ago). I've used his contact information successfuly to discuss things via PM with him...... usually, his responses are quite fast.

In the US there is no reason to avoid a phone call. Or as was suggested earlier one to your dealer may be in order.

I'm curious, what percentage of your customers call you vs just email an order? I can understand a new diver asking BP/W questions and getting a consultation but for all of my ordering I try to queue it up via email as to inconvenience the other party and myself as little as possible.

For example, I once emailed you a technical question and you were kind enough to reply very quickly. I would have never wanted to door pop you with a phone call just to ask that question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom