Do you smoke

Do you smoke? I am talking about any kind of smoke

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault:
Yes, but Sheesha doesn't really ount at .5% nicotine, 0% tar and little else but vapor...

What is Sheesha? Is it a different kind of cigarette? I've never heard of these.

No, I don't smoke, so I try to drink more to make up for it.

Never smoked never will.

scubapolly:
What is Sheesha? Is it a different kind of cigarette? I've never heard of these.
Its arabic/turkish in origin, comes in all different flavours and is smoked through a hookah pipe. It's not really like tobacco at all or though I am told it is partly tobacco.
I dont have it often but when I do my favourite is apple and cinnamin. The peach is not bad either.

sheesha sounds like it might have a bit of hashish in it
:)
just from the sound of the name

I smoked for some of my first 15 years of diving. Have been smoke free since 1975. I feel it is one of the reasons that I still am able to dive frequently at my age.

I have been smoking for 16 years, but I didn't have the willpower to keep it up. :wink: Seriously though I just quit because of scuba, I am 5 days smoke free. It's not so much the health reasons, though it is part of it, the biggest motivator is that smokes are up to near $10 a pack here in Ontario. Imagine the money I'll save for gear this winter if I can stick to it ($10/day at a minimum) I have been chewing ice flavoured nicorette gum and it is definatly making things easier than going cold turkey. I have enjoyed this thread, it's kept me busy for a while, which keeps my mind of that sweet sweet nicotine. Thanks everyone.:D
P.S. Here in Canada as of July 1st 2005 the federal government banned smoking in indoor public places including bars, restaurants, cafes and even some outdoor areas such as patios with awnings. I really have to give them credit for this as I know tobacco is a huge income to them through taxation. I suppose maybe it's because they pay for our healthcare, maybe they figure they'll come out even if everyone quits but the cancer rate drops significantly. I hope that's the case.

I have never smoked & never will. After having watched my grandmother tied to an oxygen machine for the last 4yrs of her life from the effects of smoking. When she passed away, she suffered from asthma, emphysema & chronic bronchitis, all made worse by years of smoking. She basically suffocated to death. I can't think of a worse way to die. When she stopped smoking, it was already too late.To never be able to get enough oxygen (I still shiver at that thought). After seeing that I swore to myself that I'd never put myself through that. Genetically speaking I'm a ticking time bomb (family histories of heart disease, lung disease, cancer, diabetes & so forth), I'm not going to encourage any of that for as long as I can.

Back
Top Bottom