Do you smoke

Do you smoke? I am talking about any kind of smoke

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i think i already posted to this thread (who can keep track???)

i quit on May 31, 2003 ... which means ... i've been a quitter for 3 years, 3 months, and 20 days

I can't help but note the current poll results; ~24% smokers.

Do we have a disproportionate number of smokers replying to this poll, or, do we have a disproportionate number of divers who smoke?

Congratulations, Brandnew2Scuba. Keep it up! A friend of mien smoked for years and quit. The first few months were miserable, but once he got through it he was very happy to experience tastes he hadn't experienced in years. Not to mention the additional wind when he's playing hockey.

No I do not smoke.
My Father smoked because in WW2 smokes were provided in c-rations and most GIs turned their back on common sense and smoked. There weren't studies to show the health hazards.

Today the studies are there and at close to $5.00 a pack I don't see the benefit.
When I see a teen smoking, I just think , there is a stupid kid. He could fund part of his college education or if he/she isn't going to college, a new car or diapers for their baby. Any thing but smokes

balance:
Congratulations, Brandnew2Scuba. Keep it up! A friend of mien smoked for years and quit. The first few months were miserable, but once he got through it he was very happy to experience tastes he hadn't experienced in years. Not to mention the additional wind when he's playing hockey.

Thanks for the encouragement, it's only been a short time but I already feel I have more energy and breathing seems easier, probably all in my head but I'll take it anyway I can get it. :wink:

I quit ten years ago this coming November. I used to love to smoke. I miss it once in a while but realize the stupidity in picking up the habit again. I miss my Father, too. Every day. WW2 bomber crew. Died of lung cancer when he was 56.

By the way, cigarettes were in my C-rats in the Marine Corps in the 70's. The stupidity went way beyond WW2.

Sea ya!

:rofl3: Now lets talk about the safety aspects of Speedos. Speedos can inhibit the effective use of the sensitive vas deferens, and you need those to make new divers.

Hey Cancun Mark....still LOL!! "you are da man bud"... Myself I quit just for my own selfish reasons IE. I wanted to live longer is all...

only after sex baby :wink:

ok not really. but my buddy lights up before and after a dive :p suprisingly hes pretty good on air

Smoke what? Weed, Yes. Cigarettes, No. Predive Doobie, usually, but that is about it. So, throw my vote where ever it falls, I don't know how specific you want. My instructor smokes cigars, a dive master at the shop smokes marlboro lights, and my dive buddy just started smoking once in a while, I think he smokes camels, he also smokes gunj with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom