Do you really understand your computer, or is it a threat to you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive with TWO computers of different brands and algorithms.
The Aladin is my primary while the other is the back up.
In all multi-level dives that I had done the initial ndl between both was very similar but on the ascent the Aladin has shown slightly less until 9m when the difference was day and night!!!!
Can I say Aladin is safer? Of course NOT because I cannot prove the other is less safe.

Dive computer is safe but NOT the divers.

I dive with TWO computers of different brands and algorithms.
The Aladin is my primary while the other is the back up.
In all multi-level dives that I had done the initial ndl between both was very similar but on the ascent the Aladin has shown slightly less until 9m when the difference was day and night!!!!
Can I say Aladin is safer? Of course NOT because I cannot prove the other is less safe.

Dive computer is safe but NOT the divers.
A man with a watch knows what the time is. A man with two is never sure.

I think it is interesting that there are people out there diving with computers that are older than I am. I am honestly a little surprised that they still function well after this long.

Centrals have you replaced O-rings or components of that computer? Do you test the accuracy of the depth gauge often? I'm genuinely curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom