Do you eat before you dive?

Do you eat before a dive?

• I fast before a dive, liquid only.

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • I fast before a dive, no food nor liquid.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I eat a light meal before a dive.

Votes: 78 41.1%
  • Eating and diving does not bother me, I eat full meals.

Votes: 99 52.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I try and eat brekkie everyday so always before a morning dive. Fruits and ceral mainly but not a heavy cooked brekkie.

Before a dive I have learnt to stay away from sausage rolls/meat pies but normally a chicken and mayo sandwich goes down well. If on a live aboard I will go for a sandwich or biscuits and a hearty dinner.

Obviously lots of water thru out the day.

Thanks Karen, I have ready for our Curacao trip, ginger pills, ginger candy, ginger oil.. I will still puke on the boat but it will smell better

Whisperer....Let me introduce my better half "sandwich stealing" better half to you. He laughed till he cried at your signature.

I eat a normal breakfast, that is usually Pancakes when I'm diving. I don't eat many, 2 is about all I can handle and I'll have some OJ with it.

If I eat at McDonald's I'll ask them for an order of scrambled egg's and OJ, that's about all I eat and it is my normal amount. If I dive the local quarry I'll eat my normal breakfast which is a bowel of cereal, usually shredded wheat or Raisin Bran. I eat the amount suggested on the box, sometimes a bit more.

In the end, I eat light meals during the day and never stuff myself. I drink water, soda, basically I drink enough to stay hydrated.

Never felt sick yet.

Hmmm thus far both ow boat dives I have puked at surface. Last time all over my divemaster who was my buddy. Dont get sick while I am under water but as soon as my head pops out, my stomach emptied. Even took ginger candy and bonnies.
First boat dive, i at least watited until the others were down for second dive.
Never got seasick before, now every time I surface I get sick. Thinking I am swallowing air (dont know if I do this or not) or the acid from coffee/soda is the issue. Sure dont know but even if it happens every time, Im still diving.

i eat very light, half a muffin and some water or something.

i used to get seasick, but now i take 2 Bonine the night before diving and have no problems

I eat a pretty big breakfast, (or lunch if it's a night dive). I just avoid grease and foods w/acid, (coffee, orange juice, etc.), and I've never had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom