Do you download your dive computer data?

Do you download and save dive computer data?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 14 votes on NO.

And there are 99 votes on YES. The vast majority of votes cast.

Do you typically ignore data that doesn't agree with your position?

You ought to get out from your comfort zone and start travelling in REAL world...What made you think that everyone in the world would have access to smart phone, tablet and computer? Do you really believe that high speed internet is available everywhere?

The question isn't being asked about other people in the real world and what they might use or have acces to.. The question was being asked of YOU. Because if you have, and you use computers, a smart phone and other technological devices, while proclaiming using an electronic dive log is environmentally unfriendly- then you are a hypocrite.

We are here talking about using cable or any device to down load dive info!
Don't change the subject or start a new thread!

There are 14 votes on NO.
Actually, you are the one that changed the subject.

Not all dive computers use a cable and many that do provide the cable with the dive computer in the first place.

But has anyone ever seen such a device? I certainly have not - so hard to believe that's the case here - but you never know, I suppose?

After @Centrals last post it's clearly not a language issue or mistaking a computer diving application for a freestanding independent electronic unit. Inexplicably he really does believe that people who download dive logs to their computers or smart phones are doing it wrong and as per his latest post it's because 1) people in some countries don't have access to computers and smart phones and 2) 14 people voted NO in the poll. As if those things have any relevance whatsoever.

You ought to get out from your comfort zone and start travelling in REAL world. It will be eye opening for you.
What made you think that everyone in the world would have access to smart phone, tablet and computer? Do you really believe that high speed internet is available everywhere?

Dream about 5G!!!
I actually travel extensively - perhaps even more than you have - but as we don’t know each other, I (unlike you) won’t make any assumptions about you!

My point was that you must at least have one of those devices (computer, smart phone or tablet) or you could not be posting here.

Guess what? That is all you need to download and keep an electronic dive log. Since we already have those devices that we use for many other purposes, then your claims on environmental impacts of batteries are silly as there is no extra battery or device required with keeping electronic dive logs!

So, assuming you have one of the aforementioned devices, it is you who is the environmental criminal killing trees to supply the paper and pencils you use for your old school logging practices. I don’t get how you can sleep at night given your blatant disregard for our planet - shame on you! :wink:

I would not have imagined this topic to be so divisive. My dive computer at least has a rechargeable battery.

What made you think that everyone in the world would have access to smart phone?

For someone living in urban SEA (according to your location tag), that^^^ is pushing it. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom