Do you dive with or without your snorkel attached and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dearman:
Bigjet,

I misspell too. Still hope I'm in good standing.

BTW - I'm working the 7E7, hope you'll like it.

My Dearman, (as the Brits say) :wink: ,

I misspell things as well. It was the "all of you people are liars and full of garbage" attitude on Mr. String's part that was "Puttin' a burr under mah saddle!" as we say in Tejas.

If you guys do as good a job on the 7E7 as you did on the triple 7, it will be yet another beautiful Boeing Spaceship! Right now, I think the 777 is best aircraft I have EVER seen!

Rob

Azza:
At this time my brew of choice would be Montieth's Original Ale. Nice refreshing organic nectar of the gods.
As for top shelf I have to admit I drink Australia's finest Bundaberg Rum with a dash of coke.

Sounds top shelf to me as well. Hoist one for us!

AZZA:
I dive without a snorkel and I understand perfectly what its use is for.

Personally I choose not to use one. However don't tell me that I don't know what a snorkel is for.

Personal choice folks.

Fair enough, mate!

Rob

I dove with a snorkel for the first time since certification this past weekend because we had a long surface swim and I won't do it again.
I didn't notice it underwater, but topside it got in the way, was a drag and I didn't even use it on the surface swim out as I was more comfortable back kicking.
But whatever works for you, works for you.

And I have a folding snorkel. Biggest peice of crap. Others may work, but mine (the Sherwood Avid) doesn't work as a snorkel. The only thing it's good for is telling the lifeguard at Laguna Beach that yes, I have a snorkel.

String:
So for diving use dive gear, for snorkelling, use a snorkel. The two are not compatible.

I adamantly disagree. I wear a snorkel on every dive. Have I ever NEEDED it? No. Has it ever been useful? Absolutely! Enough so that I, out of choice, carry it with me, and wear it every dive.

I wouldn't mind seeing this hit 1,000!

Ken

ABQ:
1) Obviously you do not.

I know what a snorkel is for, however obviously you dont think I do so how about you enlighten me what a snorkel is actually for, and circumstances where a snorkel is absolutely essential.

ABQ:
2) Not always.

Outside of training, yes always.

BigJetDriver69:
Folks,
I am sure you all will be stunned to know how messed up you are, but.....there it is.
And, of course, it must be so because, after all, Mr. String said so!
So folks, how do you feel now? :11:
Rob Davie

Having been in an actual ocean, in actual bad weather, with actual large waves dumping over my head, with an actual missing boat, and having tried breathing both with and without the snorkel, I can say that I much preferred "with".

If anybody doesn't like it, all I can say is I hope they get over it. Or not. Doesn't really matter much.

Terry

Azza,

"How many days until we find out what this bloody thing is counting down to."

Okay, I'll bite. What IS that bloody thing for? It says 327 days and some-odd to ??? :06:

Rob

Azza:
I know what a snorkel is for, however obviously you dont think I do so how about you enlighten me what a snorkel is actually for, and circumstances where a snorkel is absolutely essential.

Outside of training, yes always.

He's an instrutor; who adivses that there are classes that you can take so that you may learn the proper use of a snorkel. Go for it.

ABQ:
Anyone diving without a snorkel does not understand the uses for it. There are many diver educational programs that offer instruction as to the snorkel's proper use and will site situations where it is a safety device.

Sorry to disagree. If that were true, it would be a required piece of equipment. That's like saying a BC is a life jacket. It can be used for one but that is not it's intended purpose, and being someone who dives for the NOAA and went through the NOAA course; you of all people should remember they teach you that a snorkel creates additional dead gas space which detracts from your lung capacity to get full breaths of fresh air increasing CO2 build up.

Your not on the CTD team are you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom