Do people actually dive in the UK or is it myth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nice photos, keep your eyes open for a shrimp in the snakelocks, it's rare it's not native, but it appeared under swanage pier in September 2 years ago, then it disapeared then it appeared (pregnant) in Studland bay in August last year only to be found back under the pier in October.

A few more for the metal heads out there.

koln.jpg

DSCF1237.JPG

DSCF1263.JPG

DSCF1321.JPG

DSCF1395.JPG

DSCF1417.JPG

DSCF1418.JPG

DSCF1419.JPG

DSCF1421.JPG

DSCF1424.JPG

DSCF1495.JPG

DSCF1500.JPG

We get a lot of decorator crabs in the Snakelocks locally. Don't ever remember seeing a shrimp in one. Swanage is a bit far to go for a look :)

yeah Inachus do like to hide in snakelocks and very cute they look too, but if you see the shrimp, especially near a harbour please let me know, take its picture if you can (yes i know you won't have a camera when you need one). it would be interesting to know if it's appearing anywhere else.

Hi All. Just thought I would share, I passed my AOW a few weeks ago at Capernwray. The new plane is worth a visit although vis was a bit low due to lots of divers there.

WELL DONE!!!!!!

:D

Did the Baygitano in Lyme Bay on Saturday, not been there for years. still covered in bib & pollock, and more congars than i remember.

100 dives so far this year (20 in Egypt and 15 in Thailand, 65 are UK). I've dived some newly found wrecks and some old favourites as well as several dives which were work related. The plankton has arrived on the north coast of Cornwall, as it does every year, so no vis for 4 weeks. South coast has been OK so far, 7-8m vis on Friday testing some cheap Chinese torches down to 35m (both torches passed).

Off to Soma bay in Egypt this year for a few dives. Any one reccomend places that I should visit that are fairly easy dives? This will be our first time there so dont want to overdo it first time out.

Thanks for the congrats Sylpha. Need to get some dives under me now. (or should that be below me :) )

Hi.
Newbie here.
Mark, where did you shoot those photos?
Lucy

Hi.
Newbie here.
Mark, where did you shoot those photos?
Lucy
Which ones? There's quite a few from Port Quin, some from Plymouth, one from Scapa and 2 from Skye. I have 13,000+ pics on my drive (mainly Cornwall a lot from Thailand) and now shooting HD video. If you look at my you-tube page you can see some recent video from Falmouth & Newquay. Took some out of Rock yesterday, didn't take the camera to Pendennis this evening 'twas a bit dark :D

Back
Top Bottom