Do people actually dive in the UK or is it myth?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok got my places muddled lol. Going to do the night dive at stony cove on 18th. Doing some AOW still at capernwray on 15th. Bet its snowing by then lol

flw - thanks for the response. Reassuring to know it's just poor luck. Was thinking about the tanks but haven';t worked out how I'd lug them around on my bike. But I've carried every other goddam thing else on my bike so why not tanks. That's my SB challenge sorted so. Of course I could just learn to drive but that seems like a LOT of work. I'm 36 i.e. more than half way there so it hardly seems worth the effort.
Gear up at home, with suit and mask and everything and be ready to just ride the bike into the water and swim off :D

i've been ill for the first month of this year, still get it over before the serious diving starts. reports from friends are that the visibility is currently measured in inches.

have a good trip, say hello to the leopard sharks for me:)

hey there,

I am currenlty in costa rica but did my first 150 or so dives in the UK, based in Bristol I could easily get to the sounth coast, favourite boat was a guy called doug lanfear from blue turtle charters. we were lucky enough to drop in on the M2 one day with cracking vis, tonnes of life, ace wreck. You can always look at beach dives, babbacombe is good in April as thats when the cuttlefish come in, well worth it. There are always the inland sites to practice skills if the boat is blown out but i have never sypathised with people that go to them for fun.

I am firm supporter of UK diving, there is loads to see (admittedly only if you can see further than your fins) catch it on a good day and you'll be blown away. I noticed someone from Cornwall posting, I have had dives in Cornwall that were so colourfull that I was amazed by the fact that I was in the UK, it's a long way to go if you do get blown out but most companies can get you to the other side of the peninsula if so in order to get a bubble.

glad you had a good time, if you have this northerly wind down in Cornwall it's probably warmer in the water than on land!

i'm so behind with the boring stuff which just has to be done that i haven't done any dive planning yet - making it an excuse that i'll dive something every weekend dependant on the weather:)

glad you had a good time, if you have this northerly wind down in Cornwall it's probably warmer in the water than on land!

i'm so behind with the boring stuff which just has to be done that i haven't done any dive planning yet - making it an excuse that i'll dive something every weekend dependant on the weather:)
Yep, northerly winds here too. The water is warmer than the air, makes it a bit cold for the surface interval though.

Luckily in Cornwall we have 2 coasts to choose from if the weather is bad, I've also got permission to dive 3 inland sites if I'm really desperate.

Back
Top Bottom