DIY wing tutorial - very picture heavy.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've made a bunch of sm wings but with the lift on the side rather than on the back to prevent balooning. This is what I would do differently when making a bladder or CL.
Use PU coated cordura instead of the vinyl/PVC coated stuff. The PVC stuff is likey not going to last very long.
Make an outer shell that's smaller that the bladder so there is not stress on the welded seams when fully inflated (that's really important). That way the inner bladder doesn't need any seams and just needs to be welded.

Vinyl coated one shell? If yes, consider what I wrote above... especially for CL, I would not use PVC coated fabric. I'm not sure I would wanna breath from a PVC or vinyl bag.

Any chance you can share the specs on the PU coated cordura your using? And are you also just ironing it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom