DIY: NiteRider Lights Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since many of us will be starting to repair our own niterider lights, I thought it would be good idea to start a thread to support a how-to on repairing our niterider lights.

Here are some pictures of the inside of the power pack.

As people fix their lights please:
-post the fix
-where to buy the part if necessary
-upload pictures

My first repair was the power jack. There are 4 wires comming off the power jack. 2 black, 1 red and 1 white. The 2 black wires are actually on a tiny switch inside the plug. When the power cable cable is inserted into the jack, the black wire that connects to the battery is activated, when power cable is unplugged, the black wire to the light is activated. This tiny switch was corrorded or broke from use(looks clean from the pictures). My fix was to replace the jack

I bought the new jack here.
163-4303-EX Kobiconn DC Power Connectors (View the "data sheet" to see the picture.)

I will post more next week when the part comes in the mail.

Last edited:
Since many of us will be starting to repair our own niterider lights,

Even if repairs are not that difficult, why not to use NiteRider warranty? I am lucky to be able to visit San Diego when I need service or just checkup before cave trips. And this service is always FIRST CLASS, I drop lights on the morning and on afternoon all is like new. :yelclap:
Only time I am thinking to put my hands inside one, is to modify old halogen light with MR11 LED kit

"Limited Warranty Statement

Dive Lights International (DLI) products are engineered for maximum performance and durability. We warrant all of our dive products against defects in materials and workmanship during your lifetime. Our warranty covers materials or workmanship only. Since no DLI product is indestructible, our warranty does not cover defects attributed to or resulting from normal wear and tear, abuse, alteration or non-specified use. Bulbs, batteries and chargers are excluded from the Limited Warranty, but are warranted 30 days for bulbs, six months for chargers and one year for NiCad ad NiMH batteries, from original purchase. Leaks are warranted for life if it is determined that the cause is not user error.

Determining where to send your light

If your product was purchased from Dive Lights International it will have a DLI logo or a Dive Lights International logo on the battery case or lighthead. Service, under warranty, is available by first obtaining a RMA number from our customer service department. Call 858 268-3850 for service. Always send the complete unit, including the charger. Warranty shipping costs to DLI is the responsibility of the customer. Return shipping costs are covered by DLI. Inbound and outbound freight for non-warranty items are the responsibility of the consumer. The RMA number must be on the outside of the box."

Last edited:
Warranty does not do much good if no one is there to do the work. I tried for a week to get in touch with someone at niterider with no success.

why not to us NiteRider warranty
The dive light division of niterider went belly up. My last email from them said I was no hope for me to get the light fixed by niterider. I was to look for my own ways to fix it.

My light is fixed. The part came in the mail. after 15 minutes and a little sodering, my light is working. Here is the part and part#s

Reactions: Jax
The dive light division of niterider went belly up. My last email from them said I was no hope for me to get the light fixed by niterider. I was to look for my own ways to fix it.

That would explain why my email hasn't been replied to. But why do they still have a web site for dive lights?

That would explain why my email hasn't been replied to. But why do they still have a web site for dive lights?

Because most websites are hosted until the yearly contract is expired. So unless someone manually takes it down or changes it, it will be there. Someone has to physically respond to an email

Also, niterider(dive) is still sold in many dive shops, so I would think niterider would want to have the website up and running so the dive shops could sell out their inventory.

Didn't they also have a listing in the manufacturers here on the board??

YIKES... I have a NiteRider HID video light system. Ayone know if there are replacement 10w HID bulbs out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom