DIY: NiteRider Lights Repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on the look out for a LED upgrade. especially if i can just pop it in and solder.

I am very happy to say that this morning I received an email from Tom of NiteRider that he is still in business and accepting lights for repair.

Blackwater 3000 LED conversion

I recently bought an old Blackwater 3000 on eBay and shortly after one of the bulbs failed. So after search these and other forums about an LED upgrade I found that most others doing a DIY upgrade seemed to be making it pretty complicated when superbrightleds.com seemed to have a direct replacement for the MR-11 bulb for only $15 each. Possibly these are a newer product that were not available before. In any event here are the links and a pic.
20130130_122113.jpg
So far I'm quite impressed with the LED's and satisfied with the conversion, although it will be sometime before I'll actually use it in a dive. I'll try it in a pool this week...
1 High Power LED MR11 Bulb | Boat/RV/Other Bi-pin Bulbs | Boat/RV/Other LED Replacement Bulbs | Boat, RV, and Other Lighting | Super Bright LEDs

6 High Power LED MR11 Bulb | Bi-pin | Household Lighting | Super Bright LEDs
timthumb.php
timthumb.php

I recently bought an old Blackwater 3000 on eBay and shortly after one of the bulbs failed. So after search these and other forums about an LED upgrade I found that most others doing a DIY upgrade seemed to be making it pretty complicated when superbrightleds.com seemed to have a direct replacement for the MR-11 bulb for only $15 each. Possibly these are a newer product that were not available before. In any event here are the links and a pic.
View attachment 146242
So far I'm quite impressed with the LED's and satisfied with the conversion, although it will be sometime before I'll actually use it in a dive. I'll try it in a pool this week...
1 High Power LED MR11 Bulb | Boat/RV/Other Bi-pin Bulbs | Boat/RV/Other LED Replacement Bulbs | Boat, RV, and Other Lighting | Super Bright LEDs

6 High Power LED MR11 Bulb | Bi-pin | Household Lighting | Super Bright LEDs
timthumb.php
timthumb.php

I have been looking for a direct plug in replacement to go to LED

when you get a chance can you fully charge the light and then put it in the tub to see long the battery will last. I would think it would be much better than the old bulbs.

Reactions: Jax
Yeah, I'll do that tomorrow (I left the light at work), however I have no idea how old this light is as I bought it on eBay. So I can't even guess at this point until after a test how good the battery is. I never used it diving before this LED conversion. I'll update the post when I have more info.

Back
Top Bottom