Diy Dsmb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

if you have one kicking around try the oral inflater from a snorkeling vest. if you go with the camel back make sure you get the one with the manual closing valve as well because i doubt the little mouthpiece could stand up to the pressure.

I was kind of hoping it would work like a OPV. I'll blow up my camelback at home ad see if it stays inflated. if it does it might work as an ideal OPV/oral inflator

To use the a duffel bag... At the fire dept we took some old army duffels and put a inner tube in them......pop the inflator valve out the side of the bag and inflate it and let it go....now if you want to do a controlled accent with one.......I got nuttin!! Sorry

Easiest controlled ascent bag is one with an exposed bottom. That way all the air tumbles.

A drysuit exhaust valve would work as well, you can adjust the settings to offgas when the bag reaches a certain pressure.

D(B)

My scuba honey and I make our own lift bags. We bought canvas, I french roll seamed the thing into a bag shape, attached grommets at the opening and coated the inside with a light layer of liquid rubber. For a valve, honey glued in a round piece of rubber matting with a hole cut in the middle to the base of the bag, (a rubber floor tile actually)then he cut a bouncy ball from a quarter machine in half, ran a cord through it and a little rubber hinged got glued to it at one end and the mat to the other. Works great and cost us about ten dollars to make the first one, less for the second and third because we already had most of the kit to do it. Not bad for a hundred pound lift bag and they work great. doesn't look trailer park either!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom