Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well when I was your age, I rather enjoyed the PCB atmosphere. Had many a good time there :D

However, I'm starting to turn into one of those 'old codgers' now. Unfortunately I still can't afford to buy those high-dollar resort condos.

Still I'm not a fan of what they are doing in PCB. It's 20+ story high rises. They are over-building too quick trying to turn it into a Destin in order to increase the tax base. The whole beach area looks like a war zone as so many places have gone out of business. PCB is also trying to shuck the spring break and 'Girls Gone Wild' image and attract those 'old persons' as they spend more money. It's economics to them.

They are building a new Airport in Panama City. Give it a couple years and you won't recconize the place.

BTW Dawg, I don't have a problem with the kids piling up in rooms. I know the hotels hate it, but it's just a fact of life of spring break life. There will always be folks that age so it won't go away. It might just move a little...

mike_s:
Well when I was your age, I rather enjoyed the PCB atmosphere. Had many a good time there :D

However, I'm starting to turn into one of those 'old codgers' now. Unfortunately I still can't afford to buy those high-dollar resort condos.

Still I'm not a fan of what they are doing in PCB. It's 20+ story high rises. They are over-building too quick trying to turn it into a Destin in order to increase the tax base. The whole beach area looks like a war zone as so many places have gone out of business. PCB is also trying to shuck the spring break and 'Girls Gone Wild' image and attract those 'old persons' as they spend more money. It's economics to them.

They are building a new Airport in Panama City. Give it a couple years and you won't recconize the place.

BTW Dawg, I don't have a problem with the kids piling up in rooms. I know the hotels hate it, but it's just a fact of life of spring break life. There will always be folks that age so it won't go away. It might just move a little...

See, the high rise construction is what i'm talking about! I HATE that! I was down there towards the end of last summer and it looks like garbage. These high rises are HUGE, and the ugly concrete things are going up EVERYWHERE! You can't even SEE the beach from front beach drive anymore! PCB isn't destin, it's PCB... and i just hate that the place that used to be so much fun to go to soon will no longer exist, except to those with the fat wallets to afford it.

Hey WHO hijacked this THREAD???!!!!! I am turning you over to be flogged. Now get on topic or is the number 9 Thai lunch got your brain scrambled?

Surin... I love Surin!

All they big collasal resorts are doing is making college kids cram 30 into a 3 bedroom condo as apposed to 10 in a cheap hotel room. All said, it comes out about the same for us... their places tend to get trashed more. And for the record, college kids using money for beer and Taco-bell is a bit of steroetyping. I hate taco bell, much rather drive down to On the Border....

The only "On The Border" I'll go to is the Mexico border that borders the Caribbean Sea. :wink:

Michael

Okay... back ON topic...

Have we got 6 as it stands, with Howard and son, me, UTmatt, michael and frank?

I MIGHT be able to. I may have to make a deal to be able to get my AOW this 24th. I'll find out for sure at the end of this month.

Michael

Hey ya! I'm still in and the fifth wheel in Denise condo. Do we still have an extra place in our condo Denise?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom