Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver:
Incidentally, has anyone given thought to the idea of hitting up a spring on the drive back home? Maybe Ginnie? Or will y'all old folks be pooped by then?

I had thought about it, but we arent taking my car, so I cant make any decisions. I for one would be all for diving some springs though, especially Ginnie. Thats definately one of my all-time favorite places to dive.

So..... are our spots on the boat reserved?

Howard got back from vacation yesterday. I am waiting on him to chime in with what he and his son are going to do. He is our fearless leader you know.:D

And Frank is suppose to be finding out about the free Dive with Cristal Charters and see if we want to work that into our plan.

Ok ladies and Gents! I do need everyones attention on this so I can go ahead and book it with Cristal Clear!

Since not alot of us are wanting to do a night dive, I have come to the conclusion that it would be a really good idea to replace one of our 4 dives with Ocean divers with the freebie with Cristal Clear! Which would scratch the night dives all together and give all of us more time to eat dinner, chill out, etc (party).

Looking at the schedule that Denise laid out below, I recommend we replace the Saturday 1pm dive with a freebie from Cristal Clear! I'll call and find out if they are willing to dive the same sites if you want, or I can see if we can choose the locations. From the looks of the plans, the 1pm dive was going to be for EVERYONE anyway, so they would most likely be shallow wrecks or reef dives!

denisegg:
SATURDAY
8:00am
(two boats you choose destination)​

Spiegel Grove+
Captain's Choice*
or
Snapper Ledge
Aquarium

1:00pm
(one boat)
Fire Coral Caves
Pillar Coral

NIGHT
Molasses Reef

--------------------
SUNDAY
8:00am
(two boats you choose destination)
Spiegel Grove+
Captain's Choice
or
Eagle Ray Alley
Fire Coral Caves

1:00pm
(two boats you choose destination)
Snapper Ledge
Pickles Reef
or
USCGC Duane+
Molasses Reef

+Denotes "advanced" dive.
For this dive, the diver MUST be certified as
PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)

OR
show logbook verification of two dives to 80ft
or deeper within the past 12 months.

Sounds like a good plan... that does sound like the dive to replace. Maybe visit other sites though, like the Christ of the Abyss Statue I know a few wanted to see.

Ok, I sent a PM to someone that works at Cristal and should get a response sometime within the next day or so... I mentioned the Christ of the Abyss Statue to her so we'll see. I asked that she recommend a couple of really nice sites so we'll see.

She's a photographer as well so I'm sure she has a good idea of the 'nicer' sites!

How about MOLASSES REEF and ABYSS ? :)

Sounds good to me too. Will we be able to get to Cristal clear in time to make the pm dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom