Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A guy walks up to a lady in the mall and says, "Tickle your a*s with a feather?". The lady looks up and says "Excuse me!?". The man repeats, "Particularly nice weather?".

:wink:

Michael

My wife said she saw/heard this the other day, I cannot stop repeating it.

"Milk, milk, lemonade, around the back fudge is made"

Obviously this saying only works on a woman :D

:focus: Diving in the Keys with Ocean Divers Memorial Day Weekend on Saturday 5/26 and Sunday 5/27

:sos: They are filling up. They have a group wanting to book one of their boats for the whole weekend, but have not committed yet. Here is the deal: The schedule I posted earlier for Saturday and Sunday are the available dives. We have got to tell them which dives we want to do so that they can save us that much room on each boat. They only require a deposit of $200.00, but the group coordinator puts up their credit card and is financially responsible for the plan we send them and the credit card is charged at the end of the trip. They reserve those spots and turn away paying customers to hold that space. If someone cancels early enough, the credit card isn't charged if they can fill that spot, but it may cause the other divers per dive charge to go up because we would lose the group discount.

The price is $50.00 per dive with 12 divers
The price is $54.00 per dive with 10 divers

We have 10 divers staying in 2 booked condos right now. If others plan to join us that are not staying in the condos, we need to know your plan now.

Everyone needs to post now their preferred dive plan so that we can reserve our spots before they are booked. We need this information by the end of the week or we may lose our spots.

Because of the financial obligation that the coordinator is assuming, I think it would only be fair to set a deadline and paypal all or a portion of your dive costs to the coordinator.

SATURDAY
8:00am
(two boats you choose destination)​

Spiegel Grove+
Captain's Choice*
or
Snapper Ledge
Aquarium

1:00pm
(one boat)
Fire Coral Caves
Pillar Coral

NIGHT
Molasses Reef

--------------------
SUNDAY
8:00am
(two boats you choose destination)
Spiegel Grove+
Captain's Choice
or
Eagle Ray Alley
Fire Coral Caves

1:00pm
(two boats you choose destination)
Snapper Ledge
Pickles Reef
or
USCGC Duane+
Molasses Reef

+Denotes "advanced" dive.
For this dive, the diver MUST be certified as
PADI Advanced Open Water (or equivalent)

OR
show logbook verification of two dives to 80ft
or deeper within the past 12 months.

Okay I think this is what I would like to do.

Saturday

AM: Spiegel Grove, Captains choice

1:00pm Fire coral caves, Pillar coral

Saturday Night: Molasses Reef

Sunday

AM: Eagle Ray Alley, Fire coral caves

1pm: USCGC Duane, Molasses reef

but I'd pretty much rather do whichever itinerary everyone else does.

I most lilely won't be there, but might I suggest the Benwood as a follow up dive after the Grove. it's very close to the grove and is a great dive on an old wreck with lots of coral growth.

I asked about the Benwood and she said that it is usually the Captain's Choice after the Spiegel Grove dive unless the conditions are unfavorable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom