Dixie Divers Memorial Day Weekend Trip to Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philmottrek99and02:
Frank,
With these two in our condo, we need to attach heavy boots to our socks! Maybe put a soft weight pouch inside before throwing!

As far as I know i only snore when I get REALLY hammered.... and since i plan on diving, and not recovering from a hangover, it shouldn't be a problem.

.... but maybe i SHOULD bring a facemask to wear while sleeping incase any foreign objects should be launched in my direction during the night....

mike_s:
Bonnaroo Artists - 2007

The Police • Tool • Widespread Panic • The White Stripes • Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals • Wilco • The Flaming Lips • MANU CHAO Radio Bemba Sound System • The String Cheese Incident • Franz Ferdinand • Bob Weir & Ratdog • Damien Rice • Ween • Gov't Mule • Ziggy Marley • The Decemberists • The Roots • Kings of Leon • Michael Franti and Spearhead • Wolfmother • Regina Spektor • The Black Keys • Galactic • DJ Shadow • Gillian Welch • Spoon • Keller Williams (WMD'S) • Sasha & John Digweed • STS9 • Old Crow Medicine Show • The Hold Steady • Lily Allen • North Mississippi Allstars • Fountains Of Wayne • Hot Tuna • Feist • Hot Chip • John Butler Trio • Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys • Aesop Rock • The Richard Thompson Band • Dierks Bentley • James Blood Ulmer • Xavier Rudd • Gogol Bordello • Junior Brown • Tortoise • T-Bone Burnett • Mavis Staples • Clutch • Cold War Kids • Dr. Dog • Paolo Nutini • Brazilian Girls • RX Bandits • The Nightwatchman • The Slip • Girl Talk • Railroad Earth • Martha Wainwright • Rodrigo y Gabriela • Annuals • Tea Leaf Green • Sam Roberts Band • Elvis Perkins in Dearland • Charlie Louvin • Sonya Kitchell • The Wild Magnolia Mardi Gras Indians • Mute Math • Apollo Sunshine • Uncle Earl • The National • The Little Ones • Black Angels • Ryan Shaw

Sounds like a bit of a down year. At the price they charge I would have expected better.

mike_s:
Yeah... but panties have changed a LOT since you were in college.

It's more like a 'thong raid' now, or just a 'commando' raid.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

utdivermatt:
Sounds like a bit of a down year. At the price they charge I would have expected better.

Tool might be taken off that list.... don't know if you heard but the drummer tore his bicep and had to have surgery. They cancelled all their North American tour dates to be rescheduled for a later date. I'm really hacked off about it (because I LOVE tool) but at least it happened before tickets went on sale here. No idea when the reschedule will be.

DawgDiver:
I hear ya..... by the way, if you end up at that granite expo in ATL later next month, give me a holler if you want to try out one of the quarries up this way.

I turned down the expo, they wanted me to go on Fri and Saturday, no way I'm mixing work into my weekend. Thanks for the offer though.

utdivermatt:
Bonnaroo?! Did someone say Bonnaroo?! Thats up here in my neck of the woods. I havent even seen who is playing this year. You coming up for the whole weekend Mat?

Should be arriving Fri around sunrise and leaving Sun around sunset.

utdivermatt:

The Police are charging $200+ for their tickets to watch them alone. Bonaroo tickets ~$200 and you see 90 other bands :p They've only released the first announcement of artists last week. Before showtime, they will have 2 or 3 additional announcements with other artists adding to the lineup.

As is, The Police, Tool, Widespread, Galactic, Ben Harper, White Stripes, Flaming Lips, Franz Ferdinand, Gov't Mule, STS9, Ziggy Marley, Black Keys, Keller, Feist, and North MS Allstars are well worth my trip up there :p Way more than enough to fill a 3 day weekend.

With more to come!

DawgDiver:
Tool might be taken off that list.... don't know if you heard but the drummer tore his bicep and had to have surgery. They cancelled all their North American tour dates to be rescheduled for a later date. I'm really hacked off about it (because I LOVE tool) but at least it happened before tickets went on sale here. No idea when the reschedule will be.

Yeah, local radio station announced Pensacola's date cancellation today. I've seen Tool, so no big loss not seeing them again. I actually enjoy Perfect Circle more :p

GulfDiver77:
mike_s:
Yeah... but panties have changed a LOT since you were in college.

It's more like a 'thong raid' now, or just a 'commando' raid.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Speak for yourself!!!!!:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Tactics have evolved.... now we have "covert thong recovery ops" :sofa:

SuPrBuGmAn:
Thongs are SO early millenium, lacy 'boyshorts' are where its at :p

I could be mistaken.... but I am pretty sure they were talking about the girls... not what you wear to bed Mat

utdivermatt:
I could be mistaken.... but I am pretty sure they were talking about the girls... not what you wear to bed Mat

If you know what Mat wears to bed.... You are voted out of the condo! Also warm up your thumb for the hitch to the Keys!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom