Diving with the Bull sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I saw that guy with the hook in the right side of his mouth too...he must be a local..hehe

I actually think it was the second time I saw him, the first was in the "receiving line" of timeshare hawkers at the airport a couple of days before. :D

I actually think it was the second time I saw him, the first was in the "receiving line" of timeshare hawkers at the airport a couple of days before. :D

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

I ran into him too but he was on the main drag in Coz following his wife into a jewelry store.

Hammmerhead, Will you look at you! It seems as though you have taken a very special interest in me! In as much as I am very flattered by your attention, I do not encourage these types of relationships as I believe they are unhealthy.

Wow, you really have been busy. Even though I wasn't responding, you still took the time to point out numerous mistakes I made in spelling and grammar. And bless your little heart, you even included a picture! It's apparent you took great pleasure in these petty shots, and I want everyone at scubaboard to know, I would never stand in the way of a man who wants to pleasure himself. I would only ask that you respect my feelings and don't force me to watch, as I don't SVING that way. Hammerhead you can quote me on that.

Had I known I was writing my high school term paper, or preparing a legal brief, I would have spent far more time dotting my I's and crossing my T's. I thought I was participating in a light hearted exchange of opinions and ideas.

So hammerhead, in bringing this to a close, I am going to try and let you down easy. I am only human, and as we know, most humans make mistakes. I am only aware of one perfect person, and, as I told my boss once, who was being very petty ( I am sure you can relate to that ), there is only one perfect person I know, and they nailed him to a dog wood cross.

:lol:​
Wonder if he'll correct you on "SVING"

I suspect you have more time underwater than on a keyboard. You do fine here. :thumb:

Last edited:
I wonder if the subject of sharks and the emotions that they conjure(sp) up have stirred the level of sometimes heated debate and emotions on this thread?
Jaws scared the s**t out of me and gave me nightmares and I was afraid to jump in a swimming pool for fear of getting pulled under by a great white
On many dives in Cozumel there still seems to be a special thrill if a nurse shark is seen by the dive group. Many times we find them sleeping in a cave or under a coral head yet there is reluctance by many to get too close to this passive and docile fish.
SHARKS!!

I wonder if the subject of sharks and the emotions that they conjure(sp) up have stirred the level of sometimes heated debate and emotions on this thread?
Jaws scared the s**t out of me and gave me nightmares and I was afraid to jump in a swimming pool for fear of getting pulled under by a great white
On many dives in Cozumel there still seems to be a special thrill if a nurse shark is seen by the dive group. Many times we find them sleeping in a cave or under a coral head yet there is reluctance by many to get too close to this passive and docile fish.
SHARKS!!
I speak only for myself on this one. But, my fear isn't what a shark may do to me that makes a part of me not want to see chumming. It's what may be done to the sharks if people get attacked. If it's a choice between cutting off diving, a lucrative revenue stream, to protect people. Or, killing the sharks to allow people to continue diving. I fear the sharks would lose. This isn't an unfounded fear, history has more than a few examples of "shark hunts" to keep beaches open. I understand that a shark attack could occur whether there's chumming or not, I just believe that the more popular it becomes, the more likely it is that someone will get a chunk taken out of them.

I speak only for myself on this one. But, my fear isn't what a shark may do to me that makes a part of me not want to see chumming. It's what may be done to the sharks if people get attacked. If it's a choice between cutting off diving, a lucrative revenue stream, to protect people. Or, killing the sharks to allow people to continue diving. I fear the sharks would lose. This isn't an unfounded fear, history has more than a few examples of "shark hunts" to keep beaches open. I understand that a shark attack could occur whether there's chumming or not, I just believe that the more popular it becomes, the more likely it is that someone will get a chunk taken out of them.

Once again I wonder if this is the emotion and fear that the sharks provoke that lead to this over reaction.

Once again I wonder if this is the emotion and fear that the sharks provoke that lead to this over reaction.
I dunno for certain, but we (humans) do tend to want kill what we fear.

I dunno for certain, but we (humans) do tend to want kill what we fear.
Not just humans; I believe it's about as basic an instinct as you are going to find. That's not to say that I am in favor of a jihad on sharks no matter where they may be, but it's not a surprising reaction.

Back
Top Bottom