Diving with the Bull sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasn't saying that diver will be the food instead of the fish. I should have said the sharks may be associating divers with lunch and this could lead to an accident.

Fair enough. I agree. And yes, they definitely learn to associate divers with lunch just like we associate restaurants with lunch but I rarely bite the waiter.

If you're interested, here is a link to 'shark diving 101' which contains some rudimentary advice for people that want to get close to sharks:
important Shark diving techniques. All the basic principles of shark diving

Somewhere on Scubaboard Mexico someone posted about seeing this Bull Shark off Playa with a hook in it's mouth. This would be it.

Attachments

• Shark with hook.jpg
    Shark with hook.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 99
Hey, I heard that Phantom Divers are letting people pay to feed trhe sharks is this true? If it is than it´s just dumb, Bull sharks are curious enough as it is and if there´s blood in the water they can get really way too curious.

On the other note, I did a Bull shark dive the other day with a new (I think) dive shop called Ecodiving Tours, they were pretty cool....I usually dive with one of the bigger operations but I think I´ll be going back to this smaller shop, felt a bit more personal.

Somewhere on Scubaboard Mexico someone posted about seeing this Bull Shark off Playa with a hook in it's mouth. This would be it.

That be him!:pirate3: I have a few recent shots of him too!

Just as a side note -

*** a shark with a hook in it's mouth swiming in a protected area doesn't mean it got that hook from a poacher. There is plenty of shark fishing going on outside the protected zones. A group of my friends did too fishing charters in Nov out of Cozumel, one of those involved going over to the other side (Playa) and fishing for bull sharks.

Hey, I heard that Phantom Divers are letting people pay to feed trhe sharks is this true? If it is than it´s just dumb, Bull sharks are curious enough as it is and if there´s blood in the water they can get really way too curious.

On the other note, I did a Bull shark dive the other day with a new (I think) dive shop called Ecodiving Tours, they were pretty cool....I usually dive with one of the bigger operations but I think I´ll be going back to this smaller shop, felt a bit more personal.

Welcome to Scuba Board....

anyone up for a night snorkel off the beach in Playa? I'll stay on land and watch your belongings.

This thread has prompted me to change my signature! Enjoy! :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom