Diving watches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, this is your point of view...

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Personaly, almost all my single tank dives are done with a watch and a mechanical depht gauge. And yes I have computers, double tanks, rebreathers,...

Who cares? Is there a point in there?

I would even say that if you cannot manage a single tank dive without any computer, you might have to reconsider your knowledge of diving.

Ok boomer.

A dive watch as a tool for diving is dumb. For 2021... traditional watches are basically jewlelry

You know, I tried to tell my double-hose reg this very thing! But it doubled down and insisted I use not only a dive watch, but a J-valve as well!

rx7diver

0.jpg

Personally, almost all my single tank dives are done with a watch and a mechanical depth gauge. And yes I have computers, double tanks, rebreathers,...
I would even say that if you cannot manage a single tank dive without any computer, you might have to reconsider your knowledge of diving.

I couldn't agree more and have logged decades of diving on analogue gauges and dive watches -- though, also have my share of computers and other electronics, when necessary. I have seen more electronic equipment failures, whether floods or battery issues while working boats, that had put the kibosh on further diving by many of those involved -- the lion's share of which, could have been solved by either redundant equipment or even tables and dive watches.

Since this was, ostensibly, a diving watch thread(?), here is another one which has seen more than a decade of heavy use . . .

Well, this is your point of view...
Personaly, almost all my single tank dives are done with a watch and a mechanical depht gauge. And yes I have computers, double tanks, rebreathers,...
A bit extreme? Maybe but your comment also is:cheers:
I agree. Another Boomer here. But one who didn't get OW certified until age 51 in 2005, when computers were getting pretty common.

Since this was, ostensibly, a diving watch thread(?), here is another one which has seen more than a decade of heavy use . . .

Nice! This is a Poseidon (-branded) dive watch? I didn't know these exist. Do you know who manufactures it for Poseidon? Do you know the movement?

rx7diver

Nice! This is a Poseidon (-branded) dive watch? I didn't know these exist. Do you know who manufactures it for Poseidon? Do you know the movement?

rx7diver

From what I have been told, the earlier watches were produced by an Italian company, Capella, with Seiko movements; and, more recently, both Aquadive and Doxa have produced them.

Over the years, there have been 200, 500, and 1000 meter models, largely distributed in Europe . . .

Attachments

• C6740823-56CA-4FE0-98C2-300122F94810.jpeg
    C6740823-56CA-4FE0-98C2-300122F94810.jpeg
    85.9 KB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom