Diving this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Okay, time for my weekly search for dive buddies. Didn't dive last weekend because of work, and this weekend is a long one (Monday off for Columbus Day or whatever), so I'm ready to roll. Anyone up for some diving on Sat, Sun, or Mon? I'm still in "shallow" mode, and I'd like to stick with someplace with a nice beach for my honey (if Roland is reading this: that was a typo. I meant to type "partner" or something).

By the way, my name is Wrinkles.

I'd be up for diving saturday and sunday mornings. As of right now I'll be driving down to Irvine this weekend to pick up stuff from my parents' house.

mccabejc:
Okay, time for my weekly search for dive buddies. Didn't dive last weekend because of work, and this weekend is a long one (Monday off for Columbus Day or whatever), so I'm ready to roll. Anyone up for some diving on Sat, Sun, or Mon? I'm still in "shallow" mode, and I'd like to stick with someplace with a nice beach for my honey (if Roland is reading this: that was a typo. I meant to type "partner" or something).

IT wont work jim,I would love to get in water this weekend but like you last weekend I have to work. Dont get offended. shave and get a wig.

mccabejc:

Does that mean that you're going to do the sexy kelp/pole dance? :11:

Well, I'd love to join you to see that, but I'm flying on Sunday, so diving's out for me this weekend. Have fun, though - conditions were great last weekend and they look to be holding up, so it's a great time to go to Laguna.

saf_25:
Does that mean that you're going to do the sexy kelp/pole dance? :11:

I don't do a sexy kelp/pole dance for just anyone. I expect at least to be taken to dinner first. Someplace nice, too, none of this McDonalds stuff. And maybe a movie.

Jim,

I might be up for a Saturday dive. The only reason it is a "might" is that I may have to work with a client on Saturday and won't know if that is happening until early Friday night.

I'm still a "shallow" guy myself. I'll be at Deadman's on Friday at noon with Pasley.

Where were you thinking about going?

Christian

Okay, Mr. Christian (hey, that's from a movie!!) and Mr. SB Diver, I'm thinking Saturday in Laguna, since conditions are wonderful there today, and there's a NW swell scheduled for this weekend, and Laguna might be protected from it. The only place I've dove in Laguna is Crescent Bay, though.

mccabejc:
Okay, Mr. Christian (hey, that's from a movie!!) and Mr. SB Diver, I'm thinking Saturday in Laguna, since conditions are wonderful there today, and there's a NW swell scheduled for this weekend, and Laguna might be protected from it. The only place I've dove in Laguna is Crescent Bay, though.
LOL, that movie is how I got my name!

Marlon Brando and my father were good friends at the time and Brando named his son "Christian" after the character Fletcher Christian. Then my dad had me and named me "Christian" after Brando's son and ultimately after Fletcher Christian as well.

My dad had a falling out with Brando shortly thereafter, so I really never got to meet him.

Crescent Bay is where Deadman's Reef is and I'll be there tomorrow at noon. I might be up for a repeat of Crescent Bay, but I'm not sure about doing the long swim to Deadman's two days in a row. I'll also see how the legs feel on Friday night to decide whether another long surface swim on Saturday will work out. My quads will be fine, I'm just not sure about my hamstrings.

Christian

Y'know, I thought you had a little bit of that Marlon Brando look, with the pony tail and all. :D

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to swim around the reef in close. No need to go all the way to Deadman's. By the way, it was named Deadman because by the time you swim out there you're dead, man. (Laguna Beach lore, no extra charge :eyebrow: )

We could also check out Shaw's and head over there if we want. It's all good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom