Diving this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc:
Okay, time for my weekly search for dive buddies. Didn't dive last weekend because of work, and this weekend is a long one (Monday off for Columbus Day or whatever), so I'm ready to roll. Anyone up for some diving on Sat, Sun, or Mon? I'm still in "shallow" mode, and I'd like to stick with someplace with a nice beach for my honey (if Roland is reading this: that was a typo. I meant to type "partner" or something).

By the way, my name is Wrinkles.

I'm sure I go somewhere on Sunday, but I have a screwed up schedule. Saturday I'm up for an EARLY AM 4:30-5am dive in the Redondo/PV area if anyone wants to go. Could be good for bugs. Otherwise, check http://www.divevets.com and I'm sure there will be dives set up by tomorrow.

Anyone heard from Scottfiji?

I've dove Shaws a month or 2 ago and Diver's cove years ago, never dove crescent yet though. I'm up for whatever.

Thomas

After a two-week surface interval, I'd love to dive this weekend. I have a work thing Saturday morning, but I would be up for Saturday afternoon/evening or Sunday morning. Laguna is good, but I could be persuaded to visit the distant and mysterious LA County beaches if they aren't getting beat up too badly by the NW swell.

Roland, even on weekdays I don't wake up until 5am, so there ain't no way I can be at Redondo by 5am. Thanks anyway.

Okay, how about Saturday (tomorrow) morning around 7:30 at Crescent Bay? Me and SB Diver, and hopefully Headhunter. ScotM, if things change we'd love to have you join us. Let us know your availability. Anyone else?

I'm going to bring two tanks tomorrow just in case.

mccabejc:
Roland, even on weekdays I don't wake up until 5am, so there ain't no way I can be at Redondo by 5am. Thanks anyway.

Okay, how about Saturday (tomorrow) morning around 7:30 at Crescent Bay? Me and SB Diver, and hopefully Headhunter. ScotM, if things change we'd love to have you join us. Let us know your availability. Anyone else?

hey jim you are becoming more like wrinkles everyday,look at all those buddy's.maybe you won't need to shave and get a wig after all

Saturday I'm meeting another diver (or more) at Malaga Cove at 6:30am Saturday. Sunday we are planning to dive Old Marineland, 8am.

NOW you tell me.

Jim... tomorrow 7:30 AM at Crescent Bay? Where exactly am I going? Is parking going to be an issue? Where's a good place to park?

I have 1 steel 100 for tomorrow.

Thomas

mccabejc:

Jim,

I'm in, if you are ok diving with a stranger.

I have been lurking on this site for a few years and always had a weekend dive buddy until recently.

7:30AM at North Crescent?

-Aaron Brown

Okay, here's directions. Tomorrow, 7:30 am at North Crescent. Take the 5 freeway to 133 South (Laguna Canyon Rd.). Keep going until you can't go no more, and you'll see the ocean in front of you. That's Pacific Coast Hwy. Make a right on Pacific Coast Hwy. Go for about 3/4 mile or so, past La Brea on the left, then Chiquita, then make the next left on Cliff Drive. Make a right on Circle Way, and follow it around until you see the stairs down to the beach. Park anywhere you can. We'll meet at the top o' the stairs. If no parking, go back to Pacific Coast Hwy, make a left, and go to the next street (Crescent Bay Drive), and follow it around until you see the dead end leading to stairs. Park anywhere, then go down the stairs and you'll be at the meeting point.

Aaron, we'll look forward to meeting you. I'll PM you guys with my phone number.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom