Diving this Sat./Sun. (2/5, 2/6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
...and it's a good suggestion if the vis allows. But, you being a DHD (Darned Hardcore Diver:007: ), might have forgotten how that steep hill feels to someone who is just NOT used to beach diving....I want to give my new friend a chance to feel confident with nothing harder than the Vet's stairs to master. And no one has posted vis reports as good as the 20+ that Scott and I had Tuesday night in the canyon...so I'm hopeful. I'm also hoping to be linking up with you all at ML around 11AM Saturday.
And, BTW....there's tons of cool stuff to see in the canyon around the 50-60 foot contour line!!! Don't be dissin' sweet little Redondo! :1poke: Find me a sarcastic fringehead, a cusk eel, and a spiny mole crab at Malaga!! (But it is alot of sand....I'm going to check out Malaga at 9AM tomorrow morning while you guys are heading for Pt. Dume, and I'll post a report after I dive there or at the canyon.) I hope you guys have fun!!
Claudette
:jump013:
Maybe you could compromise and dive the Topaz jetty to the old pilings.

Frank O:
Still that bad today, hmm? I was hoping that as the week progressed there'd be better news -- but maybe Malibu isn't where it's happening yet.

Conditions look like they'll be really nice Saturday, but I'll be in an all-day tank inspection class. :-( Which leaves Sunday. At this point, if my better half is game to go paint on the bluff, we may head to Christmas Tree Cove on Sunday morning where I'd be freediving (I haven't gone tankless in many moons). If no family outing, I may break the steel 100 out of the garage and look into Sandeaters or whoever else here is getting out Sunday a.m. ...

Luckily I am going skiing for a week. Maybe it will be all better when I get back.
I still have scrape marks from bits of reef that snuck up from "nowhere" behind impenetrable layers of particles.

Being able to *feel* the bottom with outstretched hand, but not actually see it even when shining light directly at it was disconcerting.

I'm all packed up and ready to dive! I got an extra tank from Hollywood Divers, so that I don't have to take my tank to get filled between dives.

They've got air cards for $20 for 10 fills. I know some of you get your air free, but at $2 per fill, I like the price!

So, who's coming to the party tomorrow at Marineland?

Christian

headhunter:
I'm all packed up and ready to dive! I got an extra tank from Hollywood Divers, so that I don't have to take my tank to get filled between dives.

They've got air cards for $20 for 10 fills. I know some of you get your air free, but at $2 per fill, I like the price!

So, who's coming to the party tomorrow at Marineland?

Christian

I have 2 tanks full. Besides you and Jim, I'm expecting Josh and Brad for dive #1, and maybe Melvin and Claudette for dive#2. And maybe a couple other random stragglers, who knows.

Scott

Yes, me be there. 2 tanks. Both full. Full surface support team at the ready. And sporting a new lanyard thingy for my light.

mccabejc:
Yes, me be there. 2 tanks. Both full. Full surface support team at the ready. And sporting a new lanyard thingy for my light.
Don't forget your weights. :D

Christian

scottfiji:
Claudette, maybe you should stop diving where YOU want to dive, and dive where everyone else wants you to dive! We will select the dive sites for you from now on..
My eyes are growing sleepy...I will take direction well and just do what the little ScubaBoard voices tell me....I am happy diving where I'm told....it's so peaceful...I will await further instructions with a soporific grin on my slack-jawed face...I will just show up...and follow the lights....ahhhhhh.....

mccabejc:

You HAVE to have a surface support team, who else will hang on the all the different sets of car keys :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom