Diving this Sat./Sun. (2/5, 2/6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marine land around 11:30 is a possible. I just need to do the call for about 1 hour, then bail to dive and be in Paramount for 4:00 p.m. showing. Jim, I assume you will have cell phone on.

scottfiji:
Brad, hopefully you'll make the 1st dive.. anyone else is welcome to come also...
I plan to be there at least for the first dive. Probably have to book after that though. I am super wimp and am wary of the point entry if the waves are anything other than 1-2.....inches (well maybe not that small) :11:

I'm with Dr. Bill...blowin' off the superbowl on Sunday to try out my spankin' new (to me) video camera in the dive park.

Aerodog:
I plan to be there at least for the first dive. Probably have to book after that though. I am super wimp and am wary of the point entry if the waves are anything other than 1-2.....inches (well maybe not that small) :11:

Great, we'll see you there. Don't worry, we can all figure out entry based on the conditions. I'm a wimp too when it comes to large waves crashing on large boulders.

Scott

scottfiji:
I'm a wimp too when it comes to large waves crashing on large boulders.
Me too!

Not even the Tsunami divers that belong to the PHD group do that, right? :11:

Christian

mccabejc:
Who wants to dive this weekend? Surf will be way down. Sunny all weekend and warm, in the 70's. Santa Ana winds all week. Visibility will have improved significantly (my prediction, and I'm sticking to it). The Laguna webcam this morning looks wonderful; like a lake. It's gonna be the first really good weekend to dive in a LONG time. Maybe we can try someplace new in Laguna. Or maybe Malibu if it has improved by then. Or Palos Verdes. Hell, anywhere is good.

I'm planning on diving all day Saturday, and also Sunday morning. Let me know if you're interested.

I hope for your sake the vis does improve :) Leo Carillo today, I could hardly see my fingertips with a 10W HID light.

limeyx:
I hope for your sake the vis does improve :) Leo Carillo today, I could hardly see my fingertips with a 10W HID light.
Still that bad today, hmm? I was hoping that as the week progressed there'd be better news -- but maybe Malibu isn't where it's happening yet.

Conditions look like they'll be really nice Saturday, but I'll be in an all-day tank inspection class. :-( Which leaves Sunday. At this point, if my better half is game to go paint on the bluff, we may head to Christmas Tree Cove on Sunday morning where I'd be freediving (I haven't gone tankless in many moons). If no family outing, I may break the steel 100 out of the garage and look into Sandeaters or whoever else here is getting out Sunday a.m. ...

pasley:
May I suggest Malaga if it is divable as an alternative site. Easy entry off Torrance beach, shallow depths (15-30 fsw) and lots to see Vs, Redono depths 100+ and just sand to see.
...and it's a good suggestion if the vis allows. But, you being a DHD (Darned Hardcore Diver:007: ), might have forgotten how that steep hill feels to someone who is just NOT used to beach diving....I want to give my new friend a chance to feel confident with nothing harder than the Vet's stairs to master. And no one has posted vis reports as good as the 20+ that Scott and I had Tuesday night in the canyon...so I'm hopeful. I'm also hoping to be linking up with you all at ML around 11AM Saturday.
And, BTW....there's tons of cool stuff to see in the canyon around the 50-60 foot contour line!!! Don't be dissin' sweet little Redondo! :1poke: Find me a sarcastic fringehead, a cusk eel, and a spiny mole crab at Malaga!! (But it is alot of sand....I'm going to check out Malaga at 9AM tomorrow morning while you guys are heading for Pt. Dume, and I'll post a report after I dive there or at the canyon.) I hope you guys have fun!!
Claudette
:jump013:

OK, it's official. I'm in for sure.

I'll be there at 8:30am for Dive #1.

I'll bring a second tank as well.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom