diving the comal at night

Night Dive on the Comal - 1st or Last Sat of March

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know you're near the stairs because the water temp drops about 5 degrees. :) I guess from the little side stream coming in at that point. We could feel it even from the other side of the river.

That is a good indicator when you are doing the upper. Also in the upper, there is an eye bolt and a piece of rebar near the center of the river right before the stairs. The lights from the park are a good indicator too.

For the lower, the way that I usually tell that I'm getting close to the end is that during my zig-zags, once I run into a wall made out of those stacked bags of cement on the left bank as I'm facing downstream, then I usually surface real quick for a peak to see how far upstream I am still or I just stick to the left bank from that point on. There really isn't a good indicator underwater. There used to be some stuff to cue off of but it has been removed over the years.

kopying k-valve ....Bump.

Since the FEAST moved to the 6th, the 1st night dive considered is the very next night, the 7th. Does that make a difference in the preference?

Not sure I'd want to do the chute at night. But my brothers and I were snorkeling it today and were out-commando'd. There were guys doing the chute in just swimsuits. And a pair of divers went down in full gear.

And the dam that is maybe 50 feet down from the big tube chute now has its own little chute off to the right. And some hydraulics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom