Comal River -- Feb 11, 2006

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds nice. We are planning on going down there with a group in March over spring break. Can y'all recommend a dive plan? Is the Comal long enough to park a car at each end and drift it? Thanks in advance.

Anyone have a good plan for diving the Comal with multiple people/cars?

Jarrett:
Anyone have a good plan for diving the Comal with multiple people/cars?

You can park and enter for free at Prince Solms park, but we like to go further up to Landa RV park, pitch in and get a campsite for the day. About $30 bucks total. We leave a truck or two at the last public exit on Liberty St. We ride the chutes but you can walk around them.

The Comal is fun but can be rough on gear, especially the chutes. Expect to get a little scuffed up.

Hey Wet-Wille ,,,
We missed you at CSSP on Sunday but... it looks like you had a great time!
The water was warmer on the Comal for sure !
Wow....
Diving without a hood in only a 3 mil in February....
Now dang it,, ya just can't hardly beat that :wink:

We're thinking about going to the Comal sometime during Spring Break.

Timeliner:
Diving without a hood in only a 3 mil in February....
Now dang it,, ya just can't hardly beat that :wink:

We're thinking about going to the Comal sometime during Spring Break.
Well, I had a 3mm farmer john, so that gave me 6 on the chest and I had a beanie at least. But it was very nice to dive 74 deg water in Feb that had good vis to boot.

I will catch you guys next time.

Willie

Timeliner, I wore a 3mm long suit with a 2mm shorty over, with beanie over my hood and light gloves. Never got cold, except my hands a bit on the second dive. I need warmer gloves.

Your spring break is when???

Foo:
Timeliner, I wore a 3mm long suit with a 2mm shorty over, with beanie over my hood and light gloves. Never got cold, except my hands a bit on the second dive. I need warmer gloves.

Your spring break is when???

I'm off March 11 thru March 19 . Cool huh :D
We've had second thoughts on diving the Comal that week after we checked the area for rooms and camp spots. Hey... it's really slim pickin's around any place good that week.
There will no doubt be Tuber's and Canoes out as well in droves. Maybe another time.
However.... If the weather gets cold then things could be excellent !!
I might be going to Austin to "rondez-voo-ez" with my brother then. So who knows... we may get to dive the river anyway :14:

Foo ... you don't need warmer gloves, you just need to put your hands near your heart while you dive like I do. That'll keep them oh so warm :wink:

Back
Top Bottom