'Diving' the Comal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon, Ross, Blazerdiver and I dove the Comal again this morning from Hinman Island Pk. We walked up to the RR crossing steps and were greeted by an enthusiastic canine fisher. When we dropped in the viz was only about 5-10 feet. I thought I'd blame the dog but it was like that all the way down the river. No fishy chase crew, and only 1 small turtle. I brought a good light and was peering under the vegetation mats. Found 1 HUGE placostomus and several smaller ones.

We pulled out at the steps by the dam and were going to walk back up and to it again when Hemlon got the wild idea to go down the tube chute. We ditched the gear and crossed the dam to check out potential exits and the white water. After discussion we elected to go w/o gear but went back for fins and masks. It was a BLAST! Fast watery luge ride with lots of churning and tossing at the end before it shoves you most of the way to the other side of the river. We shot the 'rapids' three times. Thanks for talking me into it Hemlon! I had to leave early or I might be doing it still.

Back
Top Bottom