Diving near St. George?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leabre

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there, I'm planning to visit my best friend in Cedar City Utah (I'll be staying in St. George) and we'd like to do some diving in July. I'm not sure the dates I'll be in town but I'd like to know what options I have (within a reasonable driving distance), whether there's any Nitrox fills locally (seeing as it's altitude diving and I value my precious 90-120 minutes at depth in the ocean), and whether I can possible meet up with someone at a dive spot to show me the ropes, as it were. I don't like to dive such unfamiliar enviornments without a local. I haven't done altitude, fresh, or lakes/quaries. The only lake I did was a zero viz and it got old quick.

Any takers?

I have plenty of diving experience, my friend only has 4 OW dives he did with me last month in Los Angeles.

I am from St George. Thats where I was trained up threw my divemasters course. Although I have moved to the bahamas for some better diving there is some fun diving around the area. In Sand Hollow we have sunk a 69 WV West Falia bus and a 69 twin engine cesna plane. We also have some buoyancy courses set up. There in no Nitrox filling in St George the closest place would be vegas. But Aqua Sports is a great dive center to rent tanks and gear from. There instructors and dive masters are the ones that have tried to make sand hollow a great diving area. Give them a call at 435 688 3483.

Back
Top Bottom