Diving Lake Pleasant 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bill, I would be interested to dive Scorpion bay if you guys get access to it and don't mind a joiner.
Andres

Hey Josh:

Yesterday was a beautiful day at Vista Point. Have never seen so many divers out.

Visibility above 50' is very poor, 4' to 5' feet at best. Below 50' there is a significant drop in temperature and available light however, visibility significantly improves.

Stopped by and spoke briefly with John and Tim (Scuba Academy) who were conducting a class. Also saw Rob Walker who was participating in the class. Nice to see so many people diving.

Steve and I will be at the lake again tomorrow morning (05/25/09). However, Steve has made reference to diving in the Scorpion Bay area. He indiacted that he will provide an update in regard to this issue later today. If this falls through, we will be at Vista Point.

See ya tomorrow.

Regards, Bill

Is anyone going to be diving tomorrow (Sunday)? My GF is finishing up her Open Water out at Turtle Cove and I was thinking of trying to get a dive or two in.
I would still need tanks, weights, and a wetsuit.
Not sure if this post will be too "last minute".
Let me know.

Anybody diving Saturday? River or the lake? Decisions, decisions.

Anyone diving this Sunday 6/7? Semi-Newbie and Newbie might be interested in joining.

Have a great day tomorrow. I will be at VP on Sunday with my daughter about the same time frame.

PD

We dove Vista Point today!

You couldn't ask for a more beautiful morning. We got to the lake early. The air temp was in the high 70s and the surface of the lake was like glass.

The water temp was warm at the surface with a thermocline at 24 feet. It was definitely 3mm above the thermocline and 7mm below.

Visibility in the shallows was between 5 and 10 feet.
Between 30 and 50 feet the visibility noticeably dropped.
After 50 feet it improved but was darker.

The lake actually looks like it is don about 5 feet. I was judging it by an old fire pit at Vista Point. Looking forward to next winter's visibility.

///

Who's going to the lake this Saturday?

Back
Top Bottom